Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the group here so I’ll give some background on my vehicle first. 1984 dodge RC prospector 4x4 with 318/727. So when I bought this truck it was an absolute electrical nightmare with things hacked and spliced all over making it a real pain in the ass to properly diagnose things. A few weeks ago I decided to re-wire the entire truck, ripped absolutely every bit of wiring that was in there and start fresh. I purchased a Ron Francis Express kit and went to work. I’ve now got a cleanly and safely wired truck EXCEPT for the power windows and wipers, as those weren’t apart of the kit. My main focus is to get the windows wired in as I live in Texas and it is summer in a truck with no AC. I’ve done my fair share of digging online for how these were wired in originally but I haven’t quite found all the info I need yet. The window motors are new, the harness from them to the window switches are in place still and I have the part of the harness that runs through the door into the cab still there (although cut off obviously). What I intend to do is install new switches (not OE) and run modern relays. I will not be using power locks on this project. Now what I need is to know which wires on the switches do what (color wise preferably) and what would be the simplest way to do this utilizing a modern style relay. Sorry for the text wall, just wanted to fully explain the details as to avoid any confusion. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Welcome. You can get a lot of knowledge if you hang around. Do you have a Factory Service Manual (FSM). If not DODGEBOYS will be along to show you how to get one. It has the wiring for the entire truck including colors and gauges. Do not use Chilton or Haynes books. I hear they have a lot of misinformation.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
His site says he has one.

·
Registered
29,344 Posts
that or l could just give you the wiring diagrams you need , but in the long run you should have a FSM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that or l could just give you the wiring diagrams you need , but in the long run you should have a FSM
If you could send me the diagram I need at the moment that would be great! I will also purchase the FSM from your site right now as I will definitely need it! Thank you so much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts