Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i bought this truck awhile back and to start the truck, it's a lil tricky to start because the person before me poorly installed a push start. Here it is step by step. ???
1: there is a wire running form the battery into the truck, connecting to a switch.
2: another wire from the switch to a pigtail with a black w/ red stripe, black w/ white stripe, grey w/ small black stripe, and a drak blue wire all are stripped and tied to this one wire coming from the switch.
3: Ok now one wire from the push start button to a yellow wire thats part of the pigtail from above and the other is going to a red wire that is also part of the above pigtail.

So I have to flip the switch, (this is when every thing in the truck gets power) then i have to push the button to start the truck. :-[

Now i need help to rewire everything back to the way they should be. any help on what i need to do would be very helpful

·
Registered
48 Posts
get a coppy of Hayes repair manual. and look in the electeral section at the rear of the book. there you will find a wiring diagram for under hood and under dash. the diagram is a way for you to find out what coler the wires are and what the wire is for. if you can get to the library you will have a better chance of finding a diagram for your truck. at the very least you should have the Hayes book for further information about repairing your truck. the only other option is to go to a salvage and try finding a under hood harness and posible dash harness but good luck with that.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Kenneth Turcotte said:
i would contact dodgeboy's and ask for diagrams, chilton and hane's aren't very good diagram's
X2...send him an email with make, model, year, etc and he'll get you the exact wiring diagram for it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one with an "87" RC. Looks like sound advice about Dodgeboys, but I would still buy a Hayne's manual for the truck and also a Chilton's. They are both very good manuals for basic repairs and not very costly. I paid $24 for mine at the store. Hayne's has a good wiring diagram in the back but lacks the vacuum hose diagram that the Chilton's has. (Go figure) Anyway I would definately go back to the stock ignition a.s.a.p. and get rid of the farm tractor switch before you accidently ground it out on something and create more problems for yourself down the road ( or even worse, ON THE ROAD!). Peace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts