Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am replacing an electric fuel pump with a mechanical pump on an 88 and have a question.

Where does the fuel filter with 1/4 inch return go? Does it go after the pump? Before the pump? Where is the factory filter located, near the pump or on top of the engine? Just so you know, the mechanical pump will be feeding a carb.

My factory manual does not show specifics on the 360 with carb, and I have to get the truck going tomorrow or else...

Thanks,

·
Registered
29,666 Posts
the fuel filter go,s right after the pump just under the ALT and the filter has the return nipple on it / on just about every RC that l have the return is plugged / either by cutting the hose and putting a bolt in or with a filter without the return nipple

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
You can put the filter where ever you want, before the pump or after the pump, i prefer to run 2 filters, 1 before the pump and 1 after the pump near the carb in a rather easy to replace area rather then along side the block under the alt bracket so you have to ask WTF were they thinking when they put this here.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I know I asked that when I replaced mine! I also asked myself why I was dumb enough to put it back there, lol!,,,,Cruisin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.