Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
get in my RC, turn the key to start position and it just makes a clicking noise. brand new battery installed. it was doing this before battery install.
any ideas?
thanks

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Check and make sure all connections are clean and tight

·
Registered
365 Posts
that happend to me one tine it was the ignition relay i guess you would call it i had a buddy of mine to turn the key and listend where the click was coming from i guess i knocked ths white block a little loose its on the driver side fender gave ita little push back on and she fired right up no problem scence
ken

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Try tapping on the starter a few times with a hammer while someone tries to start it up. If it starts the starter solnoid (sp) is sticking (read: going out).

I assume the battery and starter terminals/connections have all been cleaned and tightened...

-SM

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
chargerup92 said:
where is the starter solenoid located?
On the starter, it is the small cylinder mounted on the side of the starter, usually right next to where the wires connect to it.

Macario is correct, do NOT beat on the starter too hard. Just tap it--the starter, not the solnoid--with a hammer (e.g. a little harder than the tap used to start a nail)

Many new starters have the solnoid intergrated, so they cannot be replaced except to get a new starter. If the solnoid is indeed the problem, the parts store will be able to tell you whether you need a new starter or can replace just the solnoid.

-SM

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
took my starter off yesterday and took it to advance auto to get it checked. it was definately bad. got a new (reman) one, put it in and the ole goat fired right up. so thanks for the input gals and guys.

greg ;D{cool}

1 - 10 of 10 Posts