Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought another pop top today, funny thing someone on this sight owned it im sure because it has a ramchargercentral sticker on tailgate
thought I knew all models and trim package's but then I came across this...
The owner was out of town and being sold by a friend for him,
1st thing I noticed was the stripes look to be factory but different than any I remembered
Next on the fender it has badges that say Alpha, never seen that but look factory installed
Then I see this maybe 4 inch hole nicely cut In center of floor between the front seats and where the back seat would be ...I say humm what's the hole for? Its then he says the owners friend says its a camper edition (alpha) and the hole was factory and for a table
So now he has my attention.
Its runs great and not as bad as the pics look just needing some lower quarters the frame is good, it also runs and drives and engine is clean its a factory AC truck
I bought it thinking about parts for my 80 triple threat truck but after seeing it uo close I think I'm gonna have to fix it
My question is what the ramcharger is an alpha camping edition
I cannot find anything on google except where someone ask the same question on here years ago with no awnser
So come on guys impress me

Attachments

Reactions: 1778ppr

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dodgeboyz said:
So I bought another pop top today, funny thing someone on this sight owned it im sure because it has a ramchargercentral sticker on tailgate
thought I knew all models and trim package's but then I came across this...
The owner was out of town and being sold by a friend for him,
1st thing I noticed was the stripes look to be factory but different than any I remembered
Next on the fender it has badges that say Alpha, never seen that but look factory installed
Then I see this maybe 4 inch hole nicely cut In center of floor between the front seats and where the back seat would be ...I say humm what's the hole for? Its then he says the owners friend says its a camper edition (alpha) and the hole was factory and for a table
So now he has my attention.
Its runs great and not as bad as the pics look just needing some lower quarters the frame is good, it also runs and drives and engine is clean its a factory AC truck
I bought it thinking about parts for my 80 triple threat truck but after seeing it uo close I think I'm gonna have to fix it
My question is what the ramcharger is an alpha camping edition
I cannot find anything on google except where someone ask the same question on here years ago with no awnser
So come on guys impress me
found this not a 79 but they must have made them

Attachments

Reactions: 1778ppr

·
Registered
52,873 Posts
did you post this on the Rancharger FaceBook page? I saw this I think great looking RC!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Wasn't there a company that replaced the factory pop-top with a camper shell?  I recall one being on eBay a few years back.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mopar65pa said:
did you post this on the Rancharger FaceBook page? I saw this I think great looking RC! Yea that's it I put it on there a few weeks ago and they helped me with the info on these camoer ramcharger packages

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea very possible dodge did some weird stuff back then

·
Registered
52,873 Posts

·
Registered
52,873 Posts

·