Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
courtesy of some ^$%*&#&^!~* driving a small dump truck w/ wide mirrors that came over a narrow two-lane bridge riding the double yellow line, putting his mirrors on my side of the road........couldn't get out of the way [not much room on the bridge to maneuver] and now all the mirror glass is shattered. Can I replace just the glass without disassembling the entire mirror assembly [' 92 Canyon Sport w/ power mirrors]? I was looking at it once I got to work and I can't really tell what I need to do. Anybody with any experience doing this? Unfortunately, I'm due for inspection this month.............

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
I would assume you could replace the glass without taking it all apart. I'd try prying the remains out with a small screwdriver, but be very careful doing that so you don't get cut. Places like Pep Boys and Autozone sell replacement mioor glass.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
and if you cant find the size you need // go to the local glass shop they can cut it and instal it ... i had this done in 82 on the 77

·
Registered
365 Posts
i think you will need to take it a part if it is power to get the glass to movw with the power and also check all the cears and crap they are usually pretty brittle you might have broke or knocked something out of wack
ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts