Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i have a 78 dodge w200 with a 400 that has a carter competition series carb on it im having a heck of a time trying to tune this thing , for one it has an electric choke on it that is not working because it was never hooked up to a power wire . it has 2 terminals i dont know which one is pos and which is neg and how to adjust the choke . i know how to set the idle and idle mix but thats it does anyone have a manual for this thing that they could scan for me ? im used to holley never messed with a carter or edelbrock before ,thanks everyone

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
i am in tiffin gimme a shout if u want a hand and Asymetric is in toledo too

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the link and the offer i wasnt sure there was anyone else on here from ohio let alone nw ohio lol  thanks again

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
ohiocowboy1277 said:
thanks for the link and the offer i wasnt sure there was anyone else on here from ohio let alone nw ohio lol thanks again
Check out the Ohio chapter board. Although it doesn't look to be terribly active.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
oh the ohio chapter is dead so dont bother ...u cna post dont expect much of a response is all lol ..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i noticed that . not many of us on here i guess but then again not many offroad areas in ohio either . most the lifted trucks i see in ohio are parkining lot cruisers. Im slowly getting the bugs worked out of the carb I found a couple vaccuum leaks that i fixed and got the choke adjusted better so it now fires up easy and idles on its own but still a little rich much better than it was though revs quicker doesnt bog down no where near the black smoke it did have and has a much cleaner smelling exhaust but still a little more tuning is needed  .                                                                     

1 - 7 of 7 Posts