Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
If it's a 318, it would have the TBI Single Board Engine Controller or SBEC behind the battery in the driver side fender.  If it is a 360, it will be carbureted and will not have a computer.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have owned a lot of cars and trucks in the years since I got my license. have yet to buy anything besides a Dodge or a Jeep.  The 88 D100 short bed was w/o a doubt THE biggest POS that I have had over the years, hands down.
8MPG, only ever got 12MPG once from that POS. 70 MPH with a 40MPH tailwind down the highway.  even my 79 RC with full time 4wd that had a reputation for that, I got 14 out of.....  replaced EVERYTHING at least twice related to that TBI and nothing changed. Overhauled the engine too, 100% completely stock except for a 30-thou overbore. had more problems with that blasted TBI than anything else, forced me to dump the truck and lose my a$$, this was back around 1996. never could get that thing to run right. and that was with a couple of dealer buddy's assistance.

the best TBI vehicle I ever owned, was my 90 Dakota w/a 3.9.  very few issues with that one.
my son has a couple of TBI's, a 90 W250 and an 89 RC, the 90 has been "not too bad" but not without its TBI issues/  the 89 RC is getting converted to a 4 bbl carb..... but those are his not mine.
going to the Magnum was the best thing they could ever do,  to get away from the TBI setup.

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
I've had mine 12 years and I've replaced one injector and the AIS motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.