Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the ac hose that has the Schrader valve as a part of it. Bolts onto top of AC compressor, one end goes to condenser(in front of radiator) and the other end to the part attached to right frt fender. NOTE: I took one from an '85 Ram thinking it would fit and it did not. Different "bends" in the 88 to accommodate the ac compressor mounting system.
Dave in NC Email:[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Rockauto carries A/C hoses for our trucks.  Worth the cost IMO to not have the worry of getting a used hose that's a s bad as the one you took off.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Search ended I think. I found one on an 89 Ram ($5.00). Took it to the garage that was to install my new AC components and the owner said it looked like it was leaking, so I took it to a shop that makes hoses. By  coincidence I delivered the local newspaper to the owners family from 1952-1956. The now owner was a child then and I would take him to ride in the big "newspaper boy basket" on my bike. He thought I was a hero back then. He did a pressure check on the hose and pronounced it A-OK. So we will see when it all gets installed and charged next week.

·
Registered
103 Posts
MoparDave said:
Search ended I think. I found one on an 89 Ram ($5.00). Took it to the garage that was to install my new AC components and the owner said it looked like it was leaking, so I took it to a shop that makes hoses. By coincidence I delivered the local newspaper to the owners family from 1952-1956. The now owner was a child then and I would take him to ride in the big "newspaper boy basket" on my bike. He thought I was a hero back then. He did a pressure check on the hose and pronounced it A-OK. So we will see when it all gets installed and charged next week.
EXCELLENT! , I have two different nice ones I saved from TBI engines , if needed. Crossy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.