Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy 2 really nice doors (with upper and lower trim and red interior panels) from an 89 Ram. Power doors with glass still in. Switches (pw & pl) are gone.  Is it worth taking the risk of buying and storing them until who knows when? These are almost paint and install quality!

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
It depends on the price, but I will almost always get good parts for a good deal and store them, even if I know I don't need them.  My Ramcharger is badly rusted but oddly, the doors are fine.  But I still have a couple sets of doors stored because you never know.  Someone might hit you or someone near you might pop up and need a door or two and you could sell it for a profit to fund more parts for yours that you do need.  You don't necessarily want to become a hoarder with parts laying everywhere, but a few good parts laid back is a good idea in my opinion.  The reproduction fenders, doors and other sheetmetal are not up to the quality of the original parts so grab them while they are available.  Bottom line, if they are good parts at a good price and you have the room to store it, go for it.  Just my .02

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.