Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone heard anything about the new NAPA Spin Flow oil filters? Mostly concerning if they do filter better or have any other advantages or drawbacks compared to the NAPA Gold oil filters. Just bought filters for all three of my vehicles and was surprised that the Spin Flows were cheaper than the Gold (though they only had the new style for one of the vehicles). They said they're just as good but didn't have many details, and I couldn't find anything on NAPAOnline. I've always used the Golds in the past and was wondering about these new fangled ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,032 Posts
dont know about the NAPA,s but l use nothing BUT the Fram HP filters
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
If I had a Fram, I would give it to my brother in law to use on his POS Ford ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,219 Posts
on my engine i am using a k and n oil filter, they are a bit pricey but have worked excellent so far.

eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uh, nothing personal guys, but the which brand do you use topic has been beat already.

I was wondering if anyone knows a quality comparison specifically between the new NAPA Spin Flow and the NAPA Gold.

But thanks for replying anyways.

(I do like the hex on the end of the K&N's though)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,219 Posts
Donk said:
uh, nothing personal guys, but the which brand do you use topic has been beat already.

I was wondering if anyone knows a quality comparison specifically between the new NAPA Spin Flow and the NAPA Gold.

But thanks for replying anyways.

(I do like the hex on the end of the K&N's though)
sorry donk, i agree it has been beat to death, and unfortuantely i do not know of any comparisons on the 2.

eric
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,879 Posts
DODGEBOYS said:
dont know about the NAPA,s but l use nothing BUT the Fram HP filters
You should really take a look at this link But don't believe just the site. Cut one apart for yourself :eek:

Don't know on the spin flows (havent even seen them up here yet?) I do know that Napa Gold's are made by Wix---which is the only brand I will use.

-SM
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,452 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
I also exclusively use NAPA Gold filters. I asked my very knowledgeable NAPA store manager about the Spin-Flows when they came out. He told me this:

NAPA Gold is still the Best, the Spin Flows are ok, a little better than the NAPA Silver, but basically just a gimmick to compete with FRAM. Check out the SpinFlow box, on the back they compare themselves to FRAM.

SpinFlow looks like a neat gimmick, but I'll stick with Gold. I've done the cut-apart test myself, I'll stick with NAPA Gold.

I hope this answers your question. Good luck!

JS
 
G

·
AdventurerSport said:
I also exclusively use NAPA Gold filters. I asked my very knowledgeable NAPA store manager about the Spin-Flows when they came out. He told me this:

NAPA Gold is still the Best, the Spin Flows are ok, a little better than the NAPA Silver, but basically just a gimmick to compete with FRAM. Check out the SpinFlow box, on the back they compare themselves to FRAM.

SpinFlow looks like a neat gimmick, but I'll stick with Gold. I've done the cut-apart test myself, I'll stick with NAPA Gold.

I hope this answers your question. Good luck!

JS
I also use NAPA Gold and was told the same thing by a trusted NAPA employee. I'll stay with the Gold too.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
BTW, the Carquest oil filters I've bought are also made by Wix.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,906 Posts
I only deal with my locally owned auto parts store, and he recently started stocking Wix to make me happy. Before, he only had Fram, which if you read the research, you wouldn't use on your lawn mower!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
boba said:
I only deal with my locally owned auto parts store, and he recently started stocking Wix to make me happy. Before, he only had Fram, which if you read the research, you wouldn't use on your lawn mower!
Where do I find the research to read? I am interested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
What filter do i use on my 85 318? Like the part # so i can go to walmart to get the filter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
NAPA Gold #1068 fits 318, WIX # is 51068, WalMart may or may not carry WIX in your area, you may have to look it up there...

Hope this helps...

JS
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
You can also find the Wix filters at www.rockauto.com for $3.87 if you buy the master pack of 12 or for $4.16 each if you buy them in singles. Most of their other parts at Rock Auto are also reasonably priced.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top