Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some links to my truck pics.......

www.geocities.com/foreight48/pg1

I think this link will work??? Hope you like 'em....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thats a massive truck, it would be useless where i live, probrably couldnt drivve a block without getting ticketed. :) Have fun and welcome to the site...

Justin

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, sometimes it can be a little sketchy climbin' in, but it's wirth it every time. The truck sees double duty, from driving to work, to gettin' groceries, (even the wife drives it!!) and out on the trails. To date, I have never been pulled over with it, since I put 44's on it, and I only got tickets when I had 33's and last year I got one when I had 38's on it. Now the officers just watch it go bye and they are either stunned or something because they never pull me over???? wierd.... Getting in requires grabbing ahold of the nerf bar, (which even for me @ 6'1" tall is well over waist height) and make like you are jumping a fence and swing yourself up in there!!! Easier said then done. I have missed a couple times!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
ok so you must tell me where did you get the lift for the front? I'm looking for 4" of lift for my front end. I have the lift for the rear.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
saw960 said:
ok so you must tell me where did you get the lift for the front? I'm looking for 4" of lift for my front end. I have the lift for the rear.
Well, first off, I designed and built the suspension on the truck. The front utilizes front Skyjacker springs, (7") they are actually Diesel springs, and I only have a 360. They are supposed to be 5 1/2" but they measured 7" of total lift. I do believe Trailmaster offers a 4" lift for Dodges but I am not certain. I still have the Skyjacker link arms and some other various parts left over if you want to make an offer I can't refuse? The rest of the lift comes from spacers I made from a bunch of steel. (tubing and bridge plate material). All the links and tie-rod, drag link etc. are 4140 chromoly with 3/4" heims at the ends. The attachment plates are 1/2" thick mild steel, and the points on the axle are 3/4" plates. The front driveshaft ismy own hi angle single universal (at each end) high angle drive line w/ 1350 joints. The rear shaft I also made, and incorporates 1410 joints. The rear lift comes from a custom shackle flip with my own hand made shackles. The springs were made by a local spring shop and provide 8" of lift,(just the springs, the rest is in the shackle flip). Stock blocks are in place, and 5/8" u-bolts hold it in place. On the front, the upper link is attached to the frame via the previous spot the lower link used to attach to. This weekend, the transmission will be replaced by 727 unit, with the stock NP241HD case being retained and rotated down to facilitate a healthier shaft angle up front. (It didn't like high speed operation). The axles have posi and 5.13's front and rear. Stock steering box is in place, and future plans will call for a hydraulic assist to move the tires a bit easier. I have made several of my steering setups on trucks in my area, and they have cured the dilemma of 94 and up front end issue of worn out trac bars and tie rods and drag links. Also, on 94-96, maybe '97 4x4 dodges, the drag link went directly to the passenger side knuckle, and the tie rod attached to it creating a "triangulated" setup. This used to give my truck and a few others the "shakes" when the suspension cycled at speed. If anyone has had this happen, it can be very scary situation. Different components can cure this, and I do believe the entire setup (with factory ball joints) can be swapped from a later model Dodge into the 94-96 or 97 trucks. Alright, now that I am way off track here, I will post and leave it at that...... Hopefully this will help someone??

·
3,951 Posts
NOW, that's what i'm talkin about!!!!!!

does it get to stretch it's legs every now and then?

nice work on the suspension. ;D

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
;D I love to let it "stretch" the legs, errr, I mean axles and let 'er flex a little crawling the local spots or just stabbing my foot through the floorboard in search of finding a way out of that 100 yd. bog!!!!!!! I do get it out "every now and then", not oot often, It gets a little hairy managing time nowadays. It is hopefully going with me to Michigan, (Silver Lake sand dunes), this Thurs. Sept. 19 for a little fun in the sand. I am in the process of swapping out the factory tranny for a good ol' 727. Teh stocker just can't take the abuse anymore. Time in between rebuilds just kept getting shorter and shorter. Oh well, we'll see, thanks for the compliments!!!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Lets go stick that baby in some mud. ;D
Man you'd have alot of cleaning to do.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would love to romp her through some slop!! Cleanup is a bunch of work. Usually about 3 days of cleaning. Then thereafter, every time you wash it, you always find some spot you missed!!!! Fun times though..............

·
Registered
6 Posts
Damn tahts a big dodge. And its not a poser!! but one question about mudding. why do people rolldown their windows? wouldnt mud fly inside?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I know when I go through mud I roll my windows down for 2 reasons: 1) no A/C and 2) its so I can see where my tires are at... Dont worrie you will get used to the mud in your teeth :p

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sam, I don't have a site for Freak Suspensions yet. I would love to have one, butfor now, bandwith costs and everything else I just can't afford at the moment. (Looking for new house and paying for wedding next July is killing the checkbook right now!!!) But When and where is Ram jam???? I would love to go. I am sick of getting ridiculed from friends for driving a Dodge, but my truck has never broke, except for the tranny, which is hopefully going to be fixed for good now????? It would be nice to be around some fellow mopar individuals!! We'll see how things progress in the near future and if Ram jam '03 is within reason, I would definitely consider going.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ewww...I just noticed the "wedding in July" you just referred to. Something tells me that you probably won't cancel the wedding to come to RJ? ;D There is a post about all of the details for RJ '03 in the Open Board section, at the top.

Randall

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Holy #$*&%*@&$%@. I said July didn't I??? I meant June... Oooops. We'll just have to keep that one from the future wife. I must have been sleeping when I wrote that. Either way, I am going to try my a$$ off to get something together to go there. I am not too sure if I can afford the fuel my truck would suck to get there. Maybe I can come up with a tow vehicle??? I will find a way..............

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Hope to see ya and the truck at RJ'03. I'm getting hitched in June too. ::)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats KC!!! good to hear. I am thinking of judt making our honeymoon the RJ '03!!!! I wonder how that will go over??? Probab;y not tooo good. WW3 would probably break out because of it!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know about up north, but a nice honeymoon out under the stars is what a lot of women would love. At least that's what I would think. If not, then you could just make it a stopping point on the honeymoon, and take her somewhere she wants on the way back ;D

Randall

1 - 20 of 37 Posts