Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Links dont work. All say "This photo has been deleted "

G

·
I can see them. A brown shortbed 2wd 81-85 & acouple shots of the engine. I like the truck, and the engine is sharp. :eek: I'm guessing a 318 or 360?

·
2,317 Posts
:eek: i see em too! nice truck, do i see aluminum heads?? what else is hiding under that hood ??? ????? ;D ;D

·
Registered
567 Posts
Looks like them rear tires had the sudden loss of tread syndrome..... Local cops must love you....lol

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im glad someone finally replied! it is an '84 longbox, i bought the wheels and tires for $500 canadian, after i blew up one of my crappy tires. so the tires were almost bald when i bought them. the engine is a 318 bored .030 over 9.2 : 1 compression, comp cams roller stick with 206/210 duration and .450/.480 lift, stock chrysler roller lifters, yes i wish they were aluminum heads too but they are not, barely ported 302's with 1.6 exhaust valves, very old single plane edelbrock manifold and a 600cfm edelbrock, headers and dual 2.5 exhaust. desktop dyno told me 320hp and 390ftlb of torque, but i would be happy with 300 and 350ftlb.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Desktop dyno is a joke (no offense)... I did that for a 355 I built for an S10 and it said I had 425HP... I had it dynoed and it was just about 390hp... Spend the money and have the truck dynoed.. The shop may even let you fiddle around with the carb and timing to get better results out of the motor... I would also swap out that single plane for a dual plane edelbrock performer or rpm amd mildly port it..... Thats just my opinion but still a nice truck...

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Is that a chrome rear diff cover I see? Is it on a 9.25 rear axle?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
hey looks good. ur engine room has some nice details, but a few more tricks would make it better. clean up ur upper rad. hose. ditch the stock jack for a little bottle jack (saver weight to) and get a few new battery terminal conecters. well cool truck anyways. keep it running, gotta keep the roads patroled bye Dodges. joe

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, i took it to the dragstrip the other night and i am kindof dissapointed, best run was only 17.605 at 80mph. it seems to me that the engine doesnt have any top end just bottom. does friggin nice burnouts though!!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
well gotta remember u got like 5000lbs of metal there. try pullling off useless parts. tailgate, front bumper, mirrors, any thing in the bed. extra stuff inside

·
Registered
338 Posts
Maybe you'll have to play around with your tuning to get a better time. My truck runs 15.9 through the quarter, my motor is a 318, 9.2:1 comp,. cam is a 458 lift/dur, 360 heads, holley street dominator intake, eddie 750 carb, headers, & 2.5" exhaust. This is on street tires, peg legging it's a$$ off, with a highway gear. Plans are to do a magnum head change, cam change, and carb change, rear end change with a 3:55 sure grip. I think your truck has potential to do better probably have to play around with your tuning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.