Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck has a bad case of sdd.( sagging drivers door lol)
can someone explaine how to fix a saggin door maybe with pics too? my dooor takes 3-4 SLAMS before it catches and closes right. it gettin bad now and i cant seem to figure out how to fix it. it saggin bout half inch maybe. its to the point im ready to take it to the shop just so it get fixed quickly cause im in the middle of moving to a new house and need my door closing right the first time lol
thanks for the help guys and gals
dave

·
Registered
104 Posts
ADJUSTMENT this is out of a chiltons hope it helps

Loosen the hinge-to-door bolts for lateral adjustment only. Loosen the hinge-to-body bolts for both lateral and vertical adjustment.

Determine which hinge bolts are to be loosened and back them out just enough to allow movement.

To move the door safely, use a padded pry bar. When the door is in the proper position, tighten the bolts to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm) and check the door operation. There should be no binding or interference when the door is closed and opened.

Door closing adjustment can also be affected by the position of the lock striker plate. Loosen the striker plate bolts and move the striker plate just enough to permit proper closing and locking of the door.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theres supposed to be something plastic on it? where should it of been? i never saw anything plastic on it ???? lmao
oh boy here we go lolol

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
well, to begin with, make sure the front lower hinge isn't rusted out where it bolts to the door.

You can adjust it, but it is a pain in the butt.

New hinges may be needed if the upper one is on bad shape.

I first thought SDD = sexually deviant driver.......sorry....been that kind of a day

·
Registered
240 Posts
for joe swinehart i know both of my pickups (77 and 90) have them for the doors but not for the tailgates. But they are black not white and they can get scruffed up and fall off

·
Registered
535 Posts
Now the little plastic things were gone on my RC too, but i didn't have a latching problem. I had a squeak that just about drove me crazy until i took the largest vaccuum from the assorted caps i bought from autozone. I cut off one end and then stretched it over the posts. Hurray the squeak is now gone!

Rod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts