Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the deal...

My '77 W150 swb has about 5.5" lift in front, and probobly 2" out back. It looks realllllllly fugly. :-\

I can get a set of the '70's-'80's GM 4wd spring hangers, and a set of 1/2 ton 56" GM rear springs for free. Does any body have any idea how much lift I would get if I used the GM hanger for a shackle flip bracket, in conjunction with the 56" rear springs, while retaining the stock block?

I'm just hoping to level out my truck.

Now, what about using the stock Dodge front hanger for the rear shackle mount, and using the GM hanger in the front?

I don't want to remove my stock block if I can help it.

-Steve C.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummo said:
Have you considered lowering the front instead.
No, and I don't plan to. I plan on upping the tire size to 36" this summer, and the 35's are rubbing the ass end allready. So, can any body tell me how much lift this will get me?
-Steve C.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
All I can tell you is give it a try and be prepared to take it apart again if you end up too high or still too low.

Ed

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RXT said:
All I can tell you is give it a try and be prepared to take it apart again if you end up too high or still too low.

Ed
Thanks, I was just hoping some one had done a similar suspention set up and had an idea or two. :)
I think I'm going to to install the springs and front hanger flip, and then go from there. If I'm still to low, I'll install the GM front hangers, if I'm to high, I'll pull leafs.
-Steve C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts