Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The purpose for this thread is to sorta keep all the random topics for my truck in one place... its hard to find them when i want to update things.

As for previous posts i don't feel the need to link back to them, we're just moving forward from here.

Starting sunday i went up to a friends house and picked out the parts that i needed for my truck from a scrapper. I got basically every piece of trim that was dented, bent, kinked or otherwise un-repairable. I also nabbed the spare tire holder and a set of brand new, factory floor mats(brown). The main reason i went up was for the rear axle and EVERYTHING immediately bolted to it, +spring perches. I was also given the rear hatch and a section of truck bed to fix my holes and another friends bed holes.

Today i proceeded to cut the rivet heads out of the existing, mutilated rear suspension and took some convincing, but i got the rivets out of the frame as well.
I also measured the frame width and narrowed a support for a tubular bumper i picked up from a s10 baja. I plan on removing the factory bull bars and mount this bumper just infront of the existing one, maybe with a bolt or two for support.

Another thing i accomplished was to replace the busted headlight bezels and smashed or shot out head lights.

Whats left....Stage I....Get it back on the road
  • clean and prime/paint rear housing and springs and perches
  • Replace fuel and brake lines for reliability and safety
  • Upgrade fuel supply in tank with larger 3/8 pickup in sump ;-)
  • Replace cracked transmission with new-to-me one that has been gone over once or twice
  • tune-up engine(wait for it to die)
  • Wire brush/wheel frame and paint with primer and undercoating

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok well i skipped most of the stuff i wanted to do for the first part of my project.
I just unloaded this 91.5 ctd and i feel its ready to be taken to the grave.
A few pictures... i'm afraid this one can't be saved:(
But good-thing it's an organ-donor :D

I plan to completely strip this truck during the end of the week. I think by the weekend i'll have a bare chassis to work from. Then the transplant will begin.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
What's the story on the fox body?

·
Registered
423 Posts
yeah not a savable truck,but cool you are makin some of it live on ,wish i could put a ctd in my ramcharger

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To answer some of your questions.

MG42PillBox said:
so what happened.. :-l
I ripped the front end off it yesterday and plan on taking the bed off today.

Hard_runner67 said:
What's the story on the fox body?
dhokey17 said:
Looks like 2 fox bodys but I could be wrong.
There are actually 3, the white one is a parts mustang 351 short block, nice trans and exhaust. the blue one is a 4banger rolling shell. theres a stock convertible one that need some TLC. None of them are tagged and need some work to put on the road.

jungle said:
Nice find!! Are you going to use the grill?
Jim
Thanks.
I'm on the edge, that grill on the 91.5 is dry rotten and was band-aided on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is what the truck looks like right now -rusty fender well

That other thing is a torino and you can see all 3 mustangs in the pictures so far.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well got most of the body hacked apart yesterday.

Does anybody know how to remove the rear glass without breaking it??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just finished pulling all the spare parts worth a nickle off the truck and crammed all that metal into the back of my truck awaiting the scrap yard.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Whats the skinny on that cool 72 Torino?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts