10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my old beast.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's another view. the bumber is made out of a piece of c-channel and the brushguard is made of some angle and pipe. All heavy duty.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here's an inside pic. the green carpeting is from the 70's and came out of my parents dining room when they decided to replace it with something a little more tasteful.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
COOL FLAMEJOB!!! That looks really good. Bet people get out of your way when they see that bumper in their rearview mirror! 8)

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here's the last pic. the rear bumper is made from the same c-channel as on the front along with an i-beam. Very tough. For those of you wondering, the flame job took me about an hour and a half and cost about $20 in supplies, and the writing on the tailgate (pretty worn of in this picture) said "if you can't dodge it, ram it!"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
People always got out of my way. I guess they figured I wasn't afraid to hit them. ;D

If I can find the pictures from when I totalled this thing I'll post them. It's quite a sight.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Ramtuff said:
the green carpeting is from the 70's and came out of my parents dining room when they decided to replace it with something a little more tasteful.
Hey don't feel bad man, my carpet came out of my mom's classroom at school. It is more plush and comfortable than normal car carpeting! Makes you feel at home, no matter where you're at :D

--TD79

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The truck was a stripper model, so it just had the this rubber matting on the floor. That was all ripped up, so I decided to go the white trash route and put the carpet in there in place of it.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the beast said:
what did you use for the flames?

Luke
I went to the local Dollar Store and picked up some cheap spray paint. Then I drew the design on with a pencil, taped it all off, and went to town on it! It really quite amazing what you'll do when bored enough on a Sunday afternoon! ;D

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's some shots of my truck after I thrashed it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It just needs some minor sheet metal work! ;D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In this shot, you can see how far the bumper got pushed over. It was pressed right up against the gas tank too. Not good.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Howsabout you just post a link to the yahoo photo album, because they don't like to be linked to.

Randall

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, they appear to be working now. For some reason, Yahoo won't let me link to the fullsize pic. Maybe I can change that in my preferences.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CamoRam_1 said:
how did you total it :\'(
I was coming around a sharp blind curve, and about half way through, another car was coming at me, partially in my lane. I had to swerve to miss him, and when I did the rear end broke loose cause it was a little damp out and I had crappy tires. I ended up sliding 168 feet (the cops measured the skid marks) sideways, right into a tree and a telephone pole. The truck hit the pole first on the pass. side rear quarter area, then the drivers side rear wheel hit the roots of the tree. When the axle snapped from hitting the roots, the truck went to roll over, but the tree was nice enough to stop it by caving in my roof. There was a construction crew working right across the street from the point of impact and they said it sounded like a missile coming down the road.

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Damn that is pretty bad man . Glad u came out of it ok though that is what counts the most anyhow . Wow is all i can say man . WEll it's parts now anyhow .

bt83rc

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bt83rc said:
Damn that is pretty bad man . Glad u came out of it ok though that is what counts the most anyhow . Wow is all i can say man . WEll it's parts now anyhow .

bt83rc
Yeah, my friend and I were alright, so was the truck after a good trip to the junkyard. ;D It was back on the road after a few days. Actually, the friend who was riding with me at the time owns the truck now.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Snapped axles suck.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts