Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here goes.

We had a great trip. The longest day we spent on the road was a little over 12 hours on Wednesday the 8th.

Without exception, every single member I met was great....I mean really great. There is something about this site that attracts good people. Thank you to all that helped. I can't remember everyones name right now. There are some members that I can see in my mind plain as day, but I can't put a name to you. Please don't be offended, just remember that I've only been home a couple of hours (and I've had a few drinks ;D)

Let's see....

The first day we met Phoenix827 (Chris) in CT. We spent 2-1/2 hours talking. What a great guy. He even let me use his CB for the trip. Not only that, he installed it in my truck. He's been my point of contact for the past 11 days and some days we've even talked 2 or 3 different time. Hopefully we'll be able to get together the end of the month. Thank you Chris!!!! :)

Now on to PA. PowerWagonPete gave me the number of a motel to stay at and came there to meet us. Dramtough and Dramtoughsgirl came with their boys. Glenn enjoyed playing "trash man" on Brian's RC with his boys. Mopar65pa came by as well as Fire Witch and D-man. It was really cool to meet all of you despite the fact that I was kinda overwhelmed ;D Glenn had no such problem. He loved seeing all of you.

Also, on my way through PA I called Stuper. Another great guy.

The second day we went through VA and I tried to call Ribcracker but I put his number in my phone wrong and called someone who had no idea what RCC was. That night we stayed in a motel in Louden, TN. Yes, it's getting hotter :p

The third day we went down into Alabama. Unfortuately Mopar Man couldn't get the time to see us, but maybe next time. We drove through Mississippi and stayed in Ruston, LA. (real hot, now ::))

The next day it was a short trip to Alto. We got there at 11:30 am. I called Sam at the LA/TX state line and he let me know all the important camping info.

When we got to Shiloh Ridge, no one was around, but then Swampthing 360 and family came back from town and invited us to camp right near them. What can I say? They were sooo nice to us. His son Chris let Glenn ride on his 4-wheeler with him, they took us down 4-wheeling with them, they let us use their fan, they included us, they treated us like family. A real big thank you to Mike and all his family. I can't wait to see them again.

At Ram Jam, every single member I met was great. Thursday afternoon, we went wheeling with mad dog. The "loud pipes" scared Glenn at first, but after a little bit he loved it. We had a good evening sitting around and eating with everyone at mad dog and Leanne's (spelling?) camper. I finally got to meet Sam and Teresa and Skip. They are great people!! I know there are other people I met Thursday night, but at about this point I started to lose track of time. If I forgot your name, sorry. :)

On Friday, Glenn and I went into Nacogdoches for food and beer. When we got back, a ton of people were there. Jamie, Roxy, and kids were great. Thank you Jamie for taking us down to the mud...and I swear, it really did seem more radical inside the truck ;) We got to see Skip's tire float away ;D. Glenn really enjoyed playing with their girls. Also Tazman 440's girl, too. (oh yea, I met him and his wife, too ;D) At this point, I lost track of who I met and when, but I met everyone who was there. I'm not even going to try to name everybody. If you were there, I met you and I'm glad.

Saturday was a rough day. Both Glenn and I got real hot. We missed the events cause we stayed up at the campground and even had to go in Mrpeal's camper to get out of the heat. How the hell do you all (y'all) handle the heat, anyway ???

Saturday night was fun cause we all gathered around the canopy that Larry (Skyjacked RC's dad) put up. We had the award ceremony and then the raffle drawing. Wish I had won something. :-\ ;D After that, I sat around with M880 and Noah (I can't remember his screen name) and had a few beers and shot the shit. Thanks for the venison sausage, too. It was great!!!!!

Sunday was just as hot for us as Saturday but Glenn did better than Saturday (for you who think I'm a whiner, c'mon up and see me in January ;)). Sunday afternoon, Glenn and I went riding with Swampthing360 and had the pleasure of being in a Dodge that pulled out a Chevy and a Ford ;D. Later that evening, we went back down to the mud pits with Swampthing360 and his family to watch everybody playing around down there. It was a great time.

Monday, we packed up and headed out. Thanks again to Swampthing360 and family!!!!

We had a ball at Ram Jam and can't wait to go next year. Hell, If I can plan it, I'd go to a Texas meeting at Shiloh Ridge....I had that much fun.

Now, the trip home......

We drove from Alto to Argyle (just NW of Dallas). We had to go through Dallas, but traffic was good. We spent the night at my uncle's house and Glenn got to meet 11 relatives he's never seen. The only problem was that the temp was cool to them, so the central air was off. I did manage to get our clothes washed, though.

Tuesday we left Argyle and promptly got lost in Denton :p. After finding our way to I-30, we made good time and stayed the night between Memphis and Nashville.

Wednesday is when the shit hit the fan....well, not the fan. Glenn and I must have eaten something that didn't agree with us cause we had to stop at almost every exit to find a bathroom. Glenn even went on the side of the road. This was our longest day on the road. Actually, it caused me to change our plans a little bit. I had planned on going to see BrianT but we ended up straight to Ramdozer's. As it was, we got there late at night. Thank you so much Ramdozer for all you did for us. I really appreciate it. Brian, I still plan on coming out to see you. I'm not sure exactly when, but at the latest by next summer.

By Thursday, we were both feeling great and made it as far as Albany, NY. We were in BigBird's neighborhood, but since I haven't seen him on the site since March, I wasn't sure if it would be a good thing to call him. We stayed at a motel by the Mohawk River. It was nice knowing we were so close to home.

Today we left NY around 8:20 and got home around 1 pm. It was a great driving day. However, I must say that after driving from Maine to Texas and back, the worst drivers are in Mass. ;D Man, they are so rude. 4 lanes wide, bumper to bumper, at 75 mph. God forbid if you leave 3 feet between you and the car in front of you.....that means there's plenty of room for someone to pull in :p

That being said, I loved how friendly people are in the South. Even on the CB, the truckers are friendlier to each other.

And another thing about the South....I never realized how beautiful it is. I-81 parallels the Blue Ridge mountains. Wow!!!! And I would even move there or to Eastern, TN. Alabama, Mississippi, and Lousiana is real wooded. As far as East Texas, except for the heat, it's a beautiful place, too. If you guys could turn the thermostat down, I think I'd consider moving.

After all this, I want to say thank you to each member I met. I didn't get to talk to you all as much as I wanted, but you all are great!!!!!

See you next year!!!!

Ted

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Ted, it was good to meet you and Glen. You are both welcome to come back anytime. The pleasure was all ours. Like you we wish we could have visited more, but wrenching on the TD tool alotof our time. We should have it fixed next weekend. Not doing much this one.

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
it was our pleasure meeting you and Glenn, we enjoyed your company as much as you enjoyed ours, my wife taped Glenn riding the 4- wheeler with Chris as soon as I get it taped over to vhs I will get it in the mail, hope to see ya'll next year

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ted , LeAnn & I are glad to hear you made it home ok. I enjoyed reading about your travels. Sorry the pipes on the Dog (MAD DOG) scared Glenn. I wish we could have gotten some pictures of both of you in Mad Dog for your scrap book, maybe next year. It was a pleasure and until next time---HAPPY TRAILS!!!!

·
5,681 Posts
Ted it was great shooting the shit with you and meeting you. glad you made it home. Im glad you enjoyed the deer sausage. Hope to see you at the next ramjam ;D

Eric

·
Premium Member
5,260 Posts
Coop tell Glen Robin has alittle goodie bag started for the next time we meet , see if he can wait to eat it before you leave the drive. LOL Sorry that cracked me up! Great little guy you got there.

Hopefully I can get shit canned long enough to come up your way. I've never tried to lose work before and have them give me more.
Anyway we'll see you guys soon this time we need more time for BSing.
Bill

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
ted ur a good guy man i really liked talkin to u and hangin out what lil bit we did and bein were both from the north i know how hot it is down here and i know what i can do to ya. im glad that u and glenn made it home safe and had a great trip. i hope to get more time to talk to u and just shoot the shit a lil more. my gf [your_dodge_girl] said she loved glenn he was a great lil kid. like i said we are both glad u made it home safe hope to hear from u soon take care.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Ok, I see this is the official "cooper30 and Glenn fanclub" thread now! lol Coop, It was great to meet you guys, I had a blast hearing from you everyday and posting updates on your travels. Glenn seems like a cool guys to ride with too! ;D (altho the "la-la singing" I heard over the phone one day might drive me batty! lol ::) As for coming up there the end of sept, I am glad to say I MAY have to back out for now. I got a "tenetive" job offer @ $2 more an hour!! WAHOO!! I will still try, just might have to be a short trip.
Glad you guys are home, when you wake up next,(monday? tues?) ;D I will catch up with you again! lol
Chris

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Ok, I FINALLY got my pics off the camera! lol
Coop, I have the un-edited one of the 2 of you, thought you might like the original.
That would be this one! lol
Ted and Glenn, the STARS of this thread! lol

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
The boys and the big bad rodeo! ;D This was right after I pulled in.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Ready to get back on the road! With halfa$$ed communications now! lol
Last pic

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Make sure your wife see's that 1st one!

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
hate we didnt get to shoot the shit some ted, but it was nice meetin yall. sam promises that next time, EVERYONE will just sit around together and get to know each other and bs and all that good stuff.

Duane

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Chris!!! My wife loves them.

Yea Duane. It seemed like there was too much to do and too little time to do it in. At least we know that we need a central area now. Hopefully more and more people will come, too. Although, we may need to have those little name tags that say, "Hello, my name is..." ;D

And thanks to you all!!!!!!! We had a great time and are looking foreward to next year. :)

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
CLR and Coop, check the pa board, the are gettign ANOTHER rausch trip going in nov!! Thats about 1/2 way for both of you! lol

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
That's how i felt at the 1st Ram Jam ..... hello my name is duhhh...... so we went by screen names it worked pretty good actually ....... lol .... Yeah I was sorry to hear you got some bad food Ted .... Was feeling for Glenn (i love that name too ) poor little guy had to be miserable for sure ..... It rained here the day you called anyhow Ted the weather was total crap (you guys drove through it i am sure ) Hell maybe next time when u come down we ca ngo do some fishing on the old man charter boat hopefully .... I am a fishing fool anyhow .... Hope to seee ya next summmer one way or another Ted !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea Brian. We will be there by next summer. One of the reasons I'm selling the Rodeo is cause I need a little more room for long trips. I want to travel in a little more comfort.

I love to fish, too. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts