Dodge RamCharger Central banner

My New Toy 1987 RC

3K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  lorddarkrider 
#1 ·
Got it from Justin. Soon as i can load them uo I will.

#2 ·
I have pics just able to post them. Says file too large. I m not swift enough to resize them. Got some on my facebook page.

#3 ·
Looking for a rear drive shaft for a stock RC. Anyone have one they want to get rid of. I have some I could have cut down I guess.

#5 ·
Im wanting to come down and do some fishing and visiting. That would be great thanks.

#10 ·
I have been looking for a trailer . How long is yours? You can put two trucks on it right?

#13 ·
Mike, you know Terry and David put both their full size rigs on a 40' PJ trailer. Its a load but they have made it work for years. I pulled a 40' and put a full size chevy and my RC on it easily.

#16 ·
I am mainly looking to put an RC and Bikermammas 3/4 ton on so we can have both our rigs at the trails.

#17 ·
Looking into lengthing my 20" or finishing the 28' in the back yard.. Need to get started on the short trailer for the Zuke as well. Too many projects, not enough time or money to finish them. All of this might change if the new job offer pans out and I don't have to have another back surgery.

#19 ·
quick question, hopefully not a hijack, but what is it that flags the DMV and/or highway patrol when it comes to having to upgrade a liscense regarding trailers?  Is it the trailer length, or number of axles?  I've been considering a triple axle lowboy non-dovetail gooseneck, maybe 34', and while I know a tandem is enough I'd like both another axle for absolute weight control as well as another set of brakes, but I'm wondering about wether or not the third axle will be the breakover point for needing to upgrade my liscense...?

- Sam

#20 ·
IN TEXAS, ITS LOAD WEIGHT CAPACITY. BUT I WOULD THINK YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH IT CONSIDERING ITS REC. USE. HERE AT WORK WEVE BEEN BUSTED ABOUT 5 TIMES FOR OVERWEIGHT WITH NO CDL. BEING THAT THE TOTAL TOW CAP. OF THE TRUCK + THE TOTAL TOW CAP. OF THE TRAILER WAS OVER THE LIMIT.

#21 ·
I don't remember the weight breaks on the trailers but I do know that at one job I had required them to get several of us with a CDL because our 1 ton trucks pulling a triple axle trailer exceeded the weight limit.  We were a division of the state so I don't know if we were ever ticketed but I didn't complain when the state paid for my CDL.

#22 ·
Tomorrow I'm putting new fuel in ite cell, and a hot battery. Lets see if it will run. Hope so.

#23 ·
Got to check some connections. Got that click click click thing working.  I need to replace the ground cable connection to the battery. May have to fire some starting fluid to the air cleaner as well. Espically since I know nothing about the truck. Sure am hoping it doesn't take alot to get it going.

#24 ·
Worked on it a couple times today. Couldn't get it to do anything but click. Going to look for my remote starter switch and try it. May try to jump it off as well. If I can get it to turn over it will run.....eventually.      I HOPE!

#26 ·
Its now listed in the Classified. May put it on Craigslist. So if anyone is interested in an almost ready to wheel rig, hit me up. Will, you are at the top of the list. You asked first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.