Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i actually bought this about a month ago just been lazy as to posting it on the site.

Its a 1991 (i know it looks like a 89-90 but VIN claims 91) Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel, W250, rebuilt 5 spd Getrag Tranny, 129k on the odometer (speedo doesn't work for now). Its all stock (for now) besides the single 4" pipe, only thing i've done to it is remove the drivers side 4" pipe (its only single exhaust now) and put my cb and whatnot out of my ramcharger in it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it cost me 5300 registered, it'll eventually get a new exhaust system because its making that back rim REALLY dirty ;D, They've (previous owner) have made the truck look older, has the Dodge and the Ram on the hood where the 91 shouldn't, but its the way i want it to look. So its fine for now

·
Registered
960 Posts
Nice looking Power Ram. Good find.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
awesome truck, love those side pipes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Too bad that the side pipes are going. :( with it being a cummins that exhaust comeing before the rear tire, the smoke gums that rim up pretty bad, and all the passengers burn the crap outa thier Legs when they slide out of the truck

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
THat is an awesome truck love that exhast.... HAve you thought about smoke stacks???? It would be really loud and plus you wouldnt mess up the wheels........... I have a question..... Your rc had 318 in it....... "WHich has more boogy to it the 318 in the rc or the cummins????????? I have never rode in a diesel truck before........

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JaMes318 said:
THat is an awesome truck love that exhast.... HAve you thought about smoke stacks???? It would be really loud and plus you wouldnt mess up the wheels........... I have a question..... Your rc had 318 in it....... "WHich has more boogy to it the 318 in the rc or the cummins????????? I have never rode in a diesel truck before........
Smoke stacks aren't any fun, smoke goes into the air, not the person next to you ;D.

Cummins has more Kick in the Pants feel since its a 5 spd and it has about twice as much power as the RC. The truck is already straight piped so its not going to get much louder ;D

·
Registered
960 Posts
Just my opinion, but smoke stacks on a pick-up look dumb with a capital D. ::)
Nice truck by the way!

·
Registered
0 Posts
So I take it you didn't like the LRE? I think they look cool if done right. Have seen a few. Single stacks and stacks that don't follow body lines look like crap, but they can be done to look good.

Randall

·
Registered
960 Posts
I really ahte to say anything negative at all. Especially about anyone's truck who has obviously put alot of time and expense into it.
And Lord knows my own truck is not God's gift to Power Ram's.
But.....there was a truck around my parts here for awhile that closely (actually almost exactly) resembled the LRE. And as a matter of fact, it was owned by a good friend of mine. Even had a cutsey logo emblazoned on it like that one....he called it the "Lil Red Hauler".
Sorry to say, but it's not an original idea.
Even though he was my close friend, I let him know exactly what I thought of it. Which was, I thought it was the silliest thing on 4 wheels.
Smoke stacks belong on semi's.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RCC_SaMiaM said:
I would say it has at least 3 times more power then the RC :)
1992 Dodge 318 SMPFI 220 horses 280 ft-lb torque
1991 Dodge 5.9 Turbo Diesel 160 horses 400 ft-lb torque ;D

I really ahte to say anything negative at all. Especially about anyone's truck who has obviously put alot of time and expense into it.
I say go ahead and voice your opinon, its just that your opinion, if someone doesn't like it they dont have to read it ;D

·
Registered
960 Posts
Well, it's kinda like the guys who stick dual tailpipes on a single line exhaust system. Like, fake, ya know? ::)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Granted, most people with Trucks just put Stack on for looks, With the Diesel's its for looks and sound, with stacks you can hear the Turbo Scream inside the cab ;D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hey Weg You might wanna go o www.bankspower.com I have heard nothing but good things about their Cummins upgrades, And yes that is a sweet Truck. And Ram Freak dual coming from 1 pipe might not be true but it looks good and flows better so why not use it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts