Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it used to be my Mustang. I sold it about 2 months ago. I sure do miss it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is me trying to look cool.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure it's easier to see now that the pics. actually load. :)

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, here's a little story for ya'll. I went to a Mustang cruise held by Mustang Monthly magazine (that's what the first pic up top is from), and it went over a few mountains. Well, to my great surprise, my master cylinder went sh!tsville on me while I was going up one of these mountains. As I approached the top of the mountain, I decided I better pull over before I died, and I just happed to pull into the most interesting place.

The place was called Carter's Mountain Girls Cafe. Picture a little shack turned into a bar, with a small dance floor (with 2 poles...very fancy) behind the bar. And to top it off, there was nothing but old, perverted, toothless hillbillies in it. lol!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too bad I wasn't there while the girls were supposed to be there. Since it was obvious I wasn't going to drive the old girl home, I decided to have a few drinks while I called around for a towing service. About 2 1/2 hours later, a wrecker finally showed up, and by this time i was feeling pretty damn good. ;D Here's a few pics of her being loaded up for the 2 hour drive home.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another...

Also, if you look infront of the wrecker, you can see part of the shack. lol!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and another.... I'll try to get some engine pics up tomarrow night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pics of what i started with. These were taken after I already started tearing the engine bay down. I took as much of it down to bear metal as I could and re-did the whole thing in cast grey and chrome. I know chrome don't get ya home, but it sure is purdy. ;D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ah...new paint. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More new paint, plus new wiring harness, Accel billit distributor, and you can kinda see the chrome water pump.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The somewhat finished product. You can see I still needed to pick up some SS hardware to top it off, and do something with the AC compressor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's another one. As you can see the plug wires need a little neatening, and the bottom side of the hood needs to be stripped and painted yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
i really like the old stangs....why didja sell it? BTW i think i like your profile pic even more! can you send me the fullsize pic of that in my email when you have a chance? my adress is [email protected] thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I sold it because I have other projects I want to do. Right now I'm re-doing the suspension on my Fiero, and soon I'm gonna have a project Ramcharger, and then sometime in the future I want to pic up a 67 or 68 Mustang fastback. So as you can see, one of the toys had to go.

Check your e-mail for that pic.

Ian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts