Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
whole thing

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
love it! dont know how it will do hunting wise. i think it would take a deer. nice an flat shooter though. doesnt beat me up like my 30-30.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
That's pretty nice Willy. I have a 98 I am wokring on. I have the Fajen ace varminter stock, and a 22-250 bull barrel. I just need to get it to the gunsmith and have the barrel put on it and have it blued.

G

·
willy J said:
love it! dont know how it will do hunting wise. i think it would take a deer. nice an flat shooter though. doesnt beat me up like my 30-30.
I have a .243 and an Arisaka 6.5 (in pieces now). Both have been used for deer and antelope with no problems.

Now for the bragging. My .243 was custom built, by my brother, on a Mk 10 short action with a Douglas barrel. It has a Timney trigger and a kevlar stock. The stock was custom fit to me. He even had me wearing my favorite hunting jacket when he took the measurements. The barrel, was turned, is 3/4 full floating and the chamber has been free-bored. I did a special camo pattern paint for the stock and installed a Pachmayr recoil pad. It used to have a Leupold variable with hand lapped rings, but I gave that back to my brother for his Ruger M77. After all that, he made a birdseye maple stock for the rifle. It cracked while inletting so I use it just for show.

The Arisaka was sporterized years ago by my dad and my brother converted it to a different cartridge. My brother died before completing it and I have no idea now what it is. I think it's a .256 Roberts? Doesn't matter, I can't find the bolt or trigger group. I have several other rifles and a whole slew of handguns, but these two are my favorites.

Okay, brag mode off.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats a great lookin stock!

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
hey don, when you come up here, remind me, i have a whole box of cartridges for a 6mm remington as well as an almost whole box of 100 grain sierra bullets you can have.

was doing some reloading for a friend who had a 6mm rem and he ended up selling the rifle, so i have this stuff i cant use, that is unless you let me have that rifle, i loved his 6mm

of course whoever made his rifle destroyed a much more valuable rifle to make it, his was originally a 1903 springfield that was modified to accept the pedersen device by the military, and the ytook and rebarreled it and gave it a synthetic stock, so took a $2000 rifle and turned it into a $500 rifle. :mad: :mad:

as far as it taking a deer, that is not a problem with this round, the 6mm remington is everything the 243 winchester is with a few hundred more FPS

eric

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
intenseimages said:
hey don, when you come up here, remind me, i have a whole box of cartridges for a 6mm remington as well as an almost whole box of 100 grain sierra bullets you can have.

was doing some reloading for a friend who had a 6mm rem and he ended up selling the rifle, so i have this stuff i cant use, that is unless you let me have that rifle, i loved his 6mm

of course whoever made his rifle destroyed a much more valuable rifle to make it, his was originally a 1903 springfield that was modified to accept the pedersen device by the military, and the ytook and rebarreled it and gave it a synthetic stock, so took a $2000 rifle and turned it into a $500 rifle. :mad: :mad:

as far as it taking a deer, that is not a problem with this round, the 6mm remington is everything the 243 winchester is with a few hundred more FPS

eric
cool {cool}

you the man!

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
my mauser is a 8mm, and made in WWII....straight bolt action, 5 rd box mag, and kicks like a mule...

Whats with all the low bore rounds?

308, 8mm, 30-06 are real close

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
CraZYWilliE said:
my mauser is a 8mm, and made in WWII....straight bolt action, 5 rd box mag, and kicks like a mule...

Whats with all the low bore rounds?

308, 8mm, 30-06 are real close
i have also owned a couple of 8x57 mausers willie. great round, and can be made to be everything the 30-06 is.

eric

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here is a pic of some the crap that clutters the locker next to my "Vintage" Model 1894 lever action winchester
and the Beutiful Modifed Mauser you see above!

;D

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
personally don, i beleive that pistol on the left would look much better in a holster on my side than in your gun cabinet ;D ;D

eric

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the S&W 915 in 9mm......

okay the Colt .45 is much nicer conversation piece

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
willy J said:
the S&W 915 in 9mm......

okay the Colt .45 is much nicer conversation piece
that would be the one, looks almost exactly like a s&w model 39-2 that i used to have, some ass stole it from me before i ever even had a chance to shoot it. :mad: :mad: very well built and fit my hand almost perfectly.

eric

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ill bringit with me when we get the ID trip ironed out. have a few cracks with it

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
willy J said:
ill bringit with me when we get the ID trip ironed out. have a few cracks with it
sounds good, there is a rifle range only 7 miles from mom and dads. several different ranges from 25 yards all the way to 200 yards.

eric

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sounds like ill bring more than a puny 9mm {cool}

1 - 20 of 33 Posts