Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Right on! Your doing almost the same thing I was thinking, your just a little further ahead. :p

How well did the Cummins fit? Run into any problem with anything I should watch out for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ExDelayed said:
Right on! Your doing almost the same thing I was thinking, your just a little further ahead. :p

How well did the Cummins fit? Run into any problem with anything I should watch out for?
At the moment, the Cummins still isn't in. I wanted to do a few things before the engine went in. These included hurcurlined fenderwells, firewall, and radator bulkhead. I also done the front axle swap, and I am putting on a 3" body lift. With the body lift, I need to swap some steel hoses with longer hoses. After that I will be installing the engine. That won't be for a couple more weekends. The site will be updated regularly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
RXT said:
At the moment, the Cummins still isn't in. I wanted to do a few things before the engine went in. These included hurcurlined fenderwells, firewall, and radator bulkhead. I also done the front axle swap, and I am putting on a 3" body lift. With the body lift, I need to swap some steel hoses with longer hoses. After that I will be installing the engine. That won't be for a couple more weekends. The site will be updated regularly.
I have already lined my firewall and fenders. I did that while the front clip was off. I still need to locate a front axle, and the engine/trans. The 727 thats in the truck right now is brand new (0 miles) but its hooked to the 360. I don't have any body lift either, its sitting on 4" front and 5" rear suspension.

Funny thing though, I was originally going to paint it orange till I realised how trashed the body was. :\'(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ExDelayed said:
I have already lined my firewall and fenders. I did that while the front clip was off. I still need to locate a front axle, and the engine/trans. The 727 thats in the truck right now is brand new (0 miles) but its hooked to the 360. I don't have any body lift either, its sitting on 4" front and 5" rear suspension.

Funny thing though, I was originally going to paint it orange till I realised how trashed the body was. :\'(
Yes, I have nearly everything I need at the moment except the driveshafts. That won't be dealt with until I install my suspension lift. Although the Orange paint looks great in the photos, it is faded on the roof and hood. (We get alot of sun here) I've been thinking about camoflaging it.
Fortunately the body isn't bad except for the huge rust hole on the driver's side floor board....I'll get into that on the site, with photos
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
ive been thinking of putting the cummings turbo diesel in too if i can find one,let us know ehn you get it finished and how she runs.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,141 Posts
that is sweet as hell man. I would love to have a diesel RC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,872 Posts
Yes that looks like fun.

Looks like you are on the right track with the RC so far. That Cummins is a little heavier than the old 318 ain't it. ;D

Keep us posted an the progress.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top