Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here is my 85. Â It still needs a lot of work, but it has come a long way. Â Next on my list of things to do is a TBI installation, and a dumping of the lean burn system{cool}

I added some new pics on December 9th.

Edited to show old pictures.

What it looked like when I got it from the junkyard:

Took a bit of work, but this is what it looked like a few months later:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Thats just plain awesome bud! What all did you have to do? I know all the stuff under the hood and it looks to be missing a wheel in one of the pictures! That is a neat looking ole truck :){cool}

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was missing the hub, rotor and caliper, not to mention all of the engine stuff. I put everything back on the engine, put all new vacuum lines on, new hoses, belts, vacuum amplifier, coil, lots of wiring, new tranny filter, fluid and seal....
A lot of work, and still more to do. It has certainly been fun and educational...I learned a lot about working on vehicles from it. RCC rocks, couldn't have done it all without the site{cool}

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
That thing looks way to nice to of been found in a JY. Is that a roll cage I spy?

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I paid $800 for it (delivered on a flatbed), but I have spend about $2500 total on it including tires and wheels, and inspections :p

It came with a rollcage and a rear locker, I still haven't taken the cover off the rear end to see what it has in it (too lazy), but it seems way too abrupt for a LS.
It also has a front axle truss and the axle has been replaced by a non-CAD D44 (thank god).

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Sweet, good deal.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's what it looked like before coming out here to VA.

More to come, for the upcoming buildup...

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some pics of my last wheeling trip.

All of this mud was from my tow rig, driving to the campsite...

On the trail.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got some work done on the new axles today, and replaced the broken yoke.

Carnage from last weekend.

Starting to look a little better...

The front axle still needs attention...

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, POR-15 and Chassis Coat Black.  I'll hopefully finish reassembling both axles this coming week.  POR is pretty easy to work with too, we'll see how it holds up on the trail.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now the front matches.

It's about time to start reassembling these things. Still waiting on parts, but I should be able to get them almost all the way reassembled this weekend. Yeehaw. Next weekend the axles should be under the truck, and it should be driving again!!!

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Drew said:
Nice! Now you have to get new wheels again!
Lol, got that one covered...

·
Registered
416 Posts
What are you getting for gas milage with the tbi?

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I was getting up to about 14 all highway, but about 10-12 in town.  I got about 6 playing offroad last month.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm getting 8-11 with my stock carb. Going to switch the top end of the engine to edelbrock component real soon. Just wondering how the tbi does.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts