·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
is the srtat usa? or mexico? I have 2 40th anniversary strats and a gibson explorer a takemine acoustic and another peavy amp. Oh and a lil epiphone guitar.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So guys,

Can you give me some recommendations for both electric and accoustic guitars? I've been playing a year and am getting pretty decent. Started with some generic accoustic guitar that sounds okay. But now that I'm getting better, I would like to get a high quality accoustic and electric to start playing with. Can you give me suggestions for ones with great tone and sound, nice low action, and easier to play with someone with smaller to medium sized hands. I've heard the usual, Fender Gibson, Epiphone, Yamaha, etc., looking for brand names as well as specific models, suggestions on amps, etc. Oh, and I'm looking to spend probably no more than 500 per, unless its really worth it to spend more, but I'm still learning, figuring my own likes/dislikes, and would like great guitars, at lowest cost. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i love bc rich guitars. jacksons are also good. as for bc richs i like the mockingbird and the beast. both brands are more of the wild lookin ones but im also that kinda person so i love them. and my strat is just one of the cheapo ones by their off brand. im got it cuz it was cheap. im just gonna use it for the bridge, electronics and the neck. im building a new body and using some locking tuning pegs. so yeah. ill post in as that project goes or i remember more good info for russ.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
get a fender. They are the mopar of guitars. I have played them all and they playthe best. THe dont hurt your fingers all that back I have been playin for about 6 years. So i know what im talkin about. They are expensive but they are worth it. theya re also a investment.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
I'm partial to the Fenders too, especially the Mustang. I also like my Ibanez Roadstar II, but I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner. The action's pretty high on it, and until you get used to it, you'll be buzzing the strings on the frets. I'd recommend either a Fender Strat or Mustang...they're both easy to play and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bc richs have a good setup. nice tone even in the cheap ones. mine is a bronze level but i love it. only cost me around $200 also.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wooden spoons are good for eating monkey brains....and small animals.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Any of you guys know what my Ibanez might be worth? It's an early Roadstar II (1983) RS315. Marine sunburst w/ white binding, single humbucker. In real good shape besides a few nicks in the finish, and one of the strap holes is stripped out.

Attachments

·
29,467 Posts
The other half of my Crate stack... It is a 4 channel, tube AND (yes AND) solid state head, with built in digital effects.

·
29,467 Posts
This is my baby. It is a 1993, limited edition, Takamine Santa Fe. It has real turquise inlaid on the fingerboard and several different species of wood inlaid around the soundhole in an Arapaho indian motif (yeah, I said "motif")
Plug this baby into the P.A. system with a low tuning, strum a few bars and feel the whole room vibrate. It doesn't get any better!
I also have a couple of other beater guitar that aren't worth photographing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sweet setup dude, but ur 32. im 15 so for no job i got pretty good stuff i guess. im also sposed to be gettin about 10 $500-1000 guitars from a friend in seattle who is loaded and has like 35 guitars. shes got a record deal and stuff so its sweet deal for me. ill post some pics when, if ever, i do in fact get them here.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i could do that. or i could fix my rc and my dads hot rod. and have a few guitars left and a new bike. so i think ill do that instead. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts