Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 73 Roadrunner w/ a 440. he recently rebuilt the engine and now he doesn't get any power from his car.It runs but just a loss of power. That's all I know right now I will get more info soon.

If you need to know what he has put into it just ask I might be able to let you know.

please help if you can, it would be appreciated! ;D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gen1dak said:
At this point, it could be anything. Kinda broad topic.
yes, I know it's broad but I wanted to get this posted right away.....i'll get more details soon...I promise ;D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RCR360...i'll run what you said about the fuel pump and rings by my friend and see what he says...

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
what is his timing set at? vacuujm leaks?

did he install a new cam? if so what specs on cam and what is it installed at?

is he not getting power at all or just not in the power band he wants it in?

we really need more info.

not to disagree with rcr360, but if he just rebuilt engine, how could it be rings? i suppose it is possible, but not likely.

also, if it was fuel pump i would think it would be erratic power or running, not just a loss of power

what carb is he running?

eric

G

·
It could easily be the rings. If he wasn't careful when putting them on the pistons and got the gaps lined up on some of them then he would have a compression loss on some cylinders.

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Try a compression check, this will tell you if the rings were mauled on assembly.

If the compression comes out good, I would say it is a timing issue. Did he degree the cam in or just "line up the dots"?

-SM

·
Registered
810 Posts
The camshaft could be installed a tooth or two off.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If the car is a manual tranny, tell him to check the clutch. If the engine was toast, chances are the clutch was headed south too. If auto tranny, verify that the tranny has fluid and that the fluid does not smell burnt. If it check out ok with the above, and the tranny has never been touched internally, then you might have that to seriously look at also.

It could be rings, if they did not break in properly also. Doubtful though.

Mac

1 - 10 of 10 Posts