Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today sucked... majorly

water pump is blown on the motor
power steering pump blew all the fluid out going down the interstate and all over the side of my truck
rear axle is blowing gear lube out all over the place.. and since the u-joint went ive noticed the chatter in the t-case shifter is still there.. and the t-case is blowing lube all out the back.. the speedo gear internally is shot... front axle is OK for now but barely hanging on.. motor still is leaking oil bad... getting hard to put the np435 trans into second gear..

and the worst part is i have absolutely no possible way to fix any of it  :'(

gas tank and rear bumper are great though  ;D  gas tank is just coated in gear lube now  :p

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
if it starts smoking I would check for a hole in the tank that the gear oil got in...

G

·
Holy crap! You just gave new meaning to "When it rains, it pours"

I'm sorry to hear it! I feel your pains!  {bawl}
My only craptacular of the day was I broke a lower radiator hose clamp right as I got back to work from lunch.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
ddgeramcharger79 said:
today sucked... majorly

water pump is blown on the motor
power steering pump blew all the fluid out going down the interstate and all over the side of my truck
rear axle is blowing gear lube out all over the place.. and since the u-joint went ive noticed the chatter in the t-case shifter is still there.. and the t-case is blowing lube all out the back.. the speedo gear internally is shot... front axle is OK for now but barely hanging on.. motor still is leaking oil bad... getting hard to put the np435 trans into second gear..

and the worst part is i have absolutely no possible way to fix any of it :'(

gas tank and rear bumper are great though ;D gas tank is just coated in gear lube now :p
Sounds like the Front Seal on the Power Steering Pump, the original pump in my '76 RC did that, fluid would ooze out around the shaft

Either the Pinion Seal or an Axle Seal on the Rear Axle has gone bad. Replaced the Pinion Seal in my '84 once because it had a habit of "marking it's territory" when parked for extended periods of time. Now it needs Axle Seals.

T-Case Shifter Chatter sounds like the Hurst "Shifter Box" is worn out, T-Case Blowing Fluid out the rear sounds like the Seal behind the Yoke is shot. If you pull the Yoke off the Rear Output Shaft there should be a Rubber Seal that slides over the splines behind the Yoke

And your Shifting Problem sounds like the Clutch Linkage is out of adjustment ;) I've encountered that before, linkage out of adjustment just far enough that 2nd is a bit tempermental.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChrisKD said:
Sounds like the Front Seal on the Power Steering Pump, the original pump in my '76 RC did that, fluid would ooze out around the shaft

Either the Pinion Seal or an Axle Seal on the Rear Axle has gone bad. Replaced the Pinion Seal in my '84 once because it had a habit of "marking it's territory" when parked for extended periods of time. Now it needs Axle Seals.

T-Case Shifter Chatter sounds like the Hurst "Shifter Box" is worn out, T-Case Blowing Fluid out the rear sounds like the Seal behind the Yoke is shot. If you pull the Yoke off the Rear Output Shaft there should be a Rubber Seal that slides over the splines behind the Yoke

And your Shifting Problem sounds like the Clutch Linkage is out of adjustment ;) I've encountered that before, linkage out of adjustment just far enough that 2nd is a bit tempermental.
the power steering pump was leaking out of one of the inlets on top of the gear box.. i tightened it and it quit

your probably right about the seals on everything

the squalling has to be the water pump falling apart cause the alt bearings make no noise with the belt of.. but the water pump has a squeak to it.

also to add to all of this.. when in fourth on a hill climb the motor started to sputter and bog down really really bad.. and then once i crest the hill.. if i left my foot in it.. it would stay bogged.. if i let off and then hit the accelerator again it would speed back up :p

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
BigDaddy_HD said:
Did you engage the self destruct by mistake? :eek:
With all the puking going on, I was going to ask him if the truck had a wild night of drinking...

Well, it's either that or your truck is pregnant.... ;D

In all seriousness, it sounds like the classic "now that it's been moving for awhile, the gaskets are giving out" syndrome. Does it suck? Yep. Is there a silver lining? You betcha...the hard parts are working well enough to take out the old gaskets...think about it. ;)

Hang in there dude!

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Man sorry to hear about that Spencer.  :'(

That water pump was 3 months old.  {yes} I put it on a motor then pulled the motor 3 months later and tore it down.  :-\

Is it leaking antifreeze? If not, then the power steering pump could be the noise or just the belts being covered in fluid.  {noclue} I've never heard a water pump squeal.  {no}

BUT I had a good day thanks for asking. I got two side jobs today, the interview I had went well and it's looking like I may have a job again.  ;D The Harley is out, cleaned up and running great, and it was a great day to ride.  :p

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I've heard one squeal like a pig. the bearings in the center that the fan spins on went to hell boy was that loud.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
mopar65pa said:
Man sorry to hear about that Spencer. :'(

BUT I had a good day thanks for asking. I got two side jobs today, the interview I had went well and it's looking like I may have a job again. ;D The Harley is out, cleaned up and running great, and it was a great day to ride. :p
Here let me hold him for you while you kick em' again....LOL....

Sorry to hear your day went to sh*t!....you know Tony, "man sorry", then pisses in your corn flakes....of course I'm only kidding....

he has no way of knowing what you had for breakfast....j/k.... ;D

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Typical headache day of working on crap bmw with a service writer hounding me all day. I had one of my good snap on screw drivers slip while prying and put a nice deep gash in my face about 1/2" below my left eye. at first i thought i did loose an eye, hurt like hell with a fair amount of blood. Maybe ill get a cool scar out of it

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
squads51 said:
Here let me hold him for you while you kick em' again....LOL....

Sorry to hear your day went to sh*t!....you know Tony, "man sorry", then pisses in your corn flakes....of course I'm only kidding....

he has no way of knowing what you had for breakfast....j/k.... ;D
I had pizza and Stromboli for breakfast. :p

·
Registered
712 Posts
My day was better than yours, that said Murphy will probably show up tomorrow and kick me in the balls. Its the natural order of things.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
slohand65 said:
My day was better than yours, that said Murphy will probably show up tomorrow and kick me in the balls. Its the natural order of things.
Well if he shows up keep him there I don;t want him back! :p

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
slohand65 said:
That is highly possible!.... ;D

·
Registered
712 Posts
The high note of the day was I got called for an interview Thursday in Houston. The low, Its a 12 dollar an hour job and I live in Orlando

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
slohand65 said:
The high note of the day was I got called for an interview Thursday in Houston. The low, Its a 12 dollar an hour job and I live in Orlando
{think} I'm doing better than you then and I thought I had it bad. :eek:

10 min drive to the job @ $15hr and 8hrs overtime a week, if I get it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
mopar65pa said:
{think} I'm doing better than you then and I thought I had it bad. :eek:

10 min drive to the job @ $15hr and 8hrs overtime a week, if I get it.
Sweet I hope you get it. They asked what part of Houston I would be driving from, I told them Disneyworld...

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
I had a good day.

I ended it mobile, upright, and under my own power.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts