Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve been a long time follower of RCC but never took the time to make an official introduction, so I should introduce myself. This is my daily driven 1989 W250. 360 TBI, 727, 241, 44/60 with 4.10s. She’s far from fast, and very far from fuel efficient, but I grew up riding in it as a little kid when my grandfather owned it, and it became my first car at 16. It has been my daily since my 18th birthday, when it only had 44k miles. Now 4 and a half years later, she’s got 67k on it.
I have slowly been turning it into an 80s style 4wd truck. Back in April, I had the opportunity to buy a part I have searched for 9 years for- an original long bed Macho rollbar. The truck was too far gone to restore, and I picked the rollbar up at Carlisle. Now searching for some more vintage KC Pentastar light covers (found a guy who makes plastic versions as well) and a Warn bumper to replace this one I bought in 2017. The rollbar is currently in storage, as I will be rebuilding the 360 soon due to low oil pressure. It will be interesting to see how a slightly larger cam will work with the TBI (talked to numerous people and chose a cam that will work).
Last photo is how the truck looked as a kid. I also have a 1984 D150 I have yet to get started on, but for now makes a great storage shed.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Plant Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
at only 64 tho on it , I may just pull the oil pan replace the bearings and oil pump ( prime it before install ) then do a set of valve guide seals ...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at only 64 tho on it , I may just pull the oil pan replace the bearings and oil pump ( prime it before install ) then do a set of valve guide seals ...
Checked the main bearings when we had the pan off. Pulling the engine and sending it to a shop to have them reseal and clean it up. Also doing a cam swap and headers too, as the bolts are either rusted off or hanging on by a thread.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is basically my dream pickup to go with my RC. Clean, but nice and simple. You should stick some more KCs on top of that roll bar.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is basically my dream pickup to go with my RC. Clean, but nice and simple. You should stick some more KCs on top of that roll bar.
When the time comes there will be at least 4 more. Maybe 5.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hey I saw that truck at Carlisle!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
801 Posts
I’ve been a long time follower of RCC but never took the time to make an official introduction, so I should introduce myself. This is my daily driven 1989 W250. 360 TBI, 727, 241, 44/60 with 4.10s. She’s far from fast, and very far from fuel efficient, but I grew up riding in it as a little kid when my grandfather owned it, and it became my first car at 16. It has been my daily since my 18th birthday, when it only had 44k miles. Now 4 and a half years later, she’s got 67k on it.
I have slowly been turning it into an 80s style 4wd truck. Back in April, I had the opportunity to buy a part I have searched for 9 years for- an original long bed Macho rollbar. The truck was too far gone to restore, and I picked the rollbar up at Carlisle. Now searching for some more vintage KC Pentastar light covers (found a guy who makes plastic versions as well) and a Warn bumper to replace this one I bought in 2017. The rollbar is currently in storage, as I will be rebuilding the 360 soon due to low oil pressure. It will be interesting to see how a slightly larger cam will work with the TBI (talked to numerous people and chose a cam that will work).
Last photo is how the truck looked as a kid. I also have a 1984 D150 I have yet to get started on, but for now makes a great storage shed. View attachment 620464 View attachment 620465 View attachment 620466 View attachment 620467
View attachment 620469 View attachment 620468
That's a beautiful truck! Would match my red RC :)
Is this the new rollbar or the old one in the photos?

Good luck with all the works you're planning!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a beautiful truck! Would match my red RC :)
Is this the new rollbar or the old one in the photos?

Good luck with all the works you're planning!
All rollbar pictures are of the same ones weekend at Carlisle. It’s an original orange rollbar someone had rattlecanned black. It’s currently in storage while I get ready to have the engine rebuilt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts