Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i owned this car about 6yrs ago. 1970 AAR cuda. missing the original block but still had the orig 6pak setup including the air cleaner. it was originally a FC7 plum crazy car. it was also an orig. auto car. somewhere along the line someone had made it a PG 4spd. did a great job on the conversion, couldn't hardly see the weld lines on the trans tunnel, they even included the reverse light that goes on dash.
it was also a column shift car(they even changed steering column). not many options. this thing was beautiful had only 26k orig miles. 3.91suregrip, 15x7's, front chin spoilers, rally dash. somewhere along the line they even changed the seats to 71 style. some of the hard to find parts included original style air cleaner filter(try finding one of these today) and it also had the orig mufflers (orig were black).

this is main reason i'll never go back to a 4bbl in a street car.
those 6bbls all opened up..............what a rush.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
And way did you get rid of it??????? That thing looks awsome.

·
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lost my storage. i didn't have a garage back then. so i was using my bosses at the time. he upped and moved to tennessee after i bought it and i wasn't about to let it see a michigan winter..

actually, i'm kinda glad i was getting really scared driving it.
too many people looking at car and not where they were going.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Very nice car. Too bad

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, I know the feeling, It is so hard to keep all the toy's we accumulate throughout our lives. We sell one and eventually get another, and always wish we had one we formerly owned. :\'(

·
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is my very first cool car. bought it in 1987 just after i graduated high school. a 1970 Plymouth Cuda. as is, 440/727, 3.23 suregrip, black w/gold metalflake, and black int.
originally, a FC7 plum crazy, 340/auto, and that is the factory rear wing. before you'all get crazy, this is how i bought the car, i've known the previous owner for almost 20yrs. and it was owned by a "girl". she still is cool, currently has a 71 challenger.

BTW, this is the before shot. you can cry on the next post.

Attachments

·
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is were you start crying. this happened after i sold the car to my best friend and yes, i was with him. the story goes we were out joy riding at about 3am when he decides he wants to smoke the tires. we see a cop hit his brake lights so buddy takes off down side street. we are flying when one of my other buddies says "this is a dead end street!!" well, he doesn't start to slow down til he see's the end and well, it was too late. there is a driveway at the end of the road. he hits brakes, car does not stop, we slide up the driveway and rearend the guys 2 cars(a 80 cutlass 4dr, and a 69 cadillac. we stop where they were sitting. the impact drove both cars forward over 30 yards. hit the cutlass first and the impact left a coilspring and it's license plate directly where it originally sat. they estimated impact at 95mph(speedometer was not hooked up), we were doing well over that before braking. we left over 250ft of skid marks that they could see, it was probably more than 300.

we all made it out(4 of us) with hardly a scratch. my buddy driving hit his head on steering wheel and only suffered a cut nothing broken. we were all very lucky. needless to say, i made sure i never rode in anything that fast when he was driving ever again.

Attachments

·
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
another shot, the other side.

Attachments

·
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is my favorite car. 1972 dart, slant6/auto, Tawny Gold w/gold top and interior. no options, except power steering. bought this in 92 for $1000 had 67k orig miles. beautiful car.
this shot was taken at 92 Mopar Nationals

Attachments

·
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and this is what happened after a stupid women in her boyfriends corvette decides she's going to cross the street blindly. vettes are not fast enuff. soon as she pulled out, i hit brakes, then her. the only satisfaction i got was that i cracked the body from the passenger side rear tire thru the convertible well. other than that you couldn't even tell i hit her.
i still cry at this one.

Attachments

·
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all i remember is bracing for the impact, hearing the engine wine, and a bright white light. then i looked up and all i see was the hood.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
you have wrecked more awesome cars than ive even owned!
i dont know if im envious?
you are definatley very lucky though!

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
I agree with Willy man . But my Dad has one bad ass 65 GTO though . I am supposed to be getting pics of it from my mom sometime soon hopefully . Should be drool city . I have yet to see it myself though .

BrianT

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
ow.that cuda does make me want to cry.it was very nice.
the dart reminds me of my old 74 i learned how to drive with.

·
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is my old 1990 shelby daytona, 2.2 VNT, 5spd, black on black. this is one that should have never gotten away. the guy i sold to still has and has recently restored it. this is the fastest car i have ever driven or been in. got it to 132mph before i ran into traffic and had to slowdown. he has agreed to sell back to me which he has said will never happen. i can only dream.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just bought a 1988 dodge daytona shelby z edition with a 2.2 turbo and a 5-speed it has every option avail. and i got it for $150 and my dad is restoring it i am restoring my ramcharger.

·
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i had one almost identical to that one. 87, TII, 5spd, gray leather, sunroof. bought it for $100 after the lady (orig owner) decided she didn't want to put any more money into it.
of course, it needed "some" work. but pretty darn close to yours.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
those are some sweet mopars. i actually think that those 'mopar riceburners' for lack of a better term, are really sweet. and ur right, they are fast as hell. i might eventually get one. ui dunno

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.