·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey nice truck ya got there, i think ive seen it around my area before. well hope ya get it lowered soon, itll look sweet. joe

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Unfortunately I can not comment on "slamming" a Ramcharger. :-\

Good luck in your project though.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i got some cool plans for it, i dont wanna have it that low..... yet. but im gonna pull a few leafs, add coil overs, and get 94+ ram drop coils. that should drop it like 2" front 2-4" back. my dad says its already low enough but it sits higher than my moms 97 sonoma 4WD with 1 size bigger tires. mines only a 2 wheller. does anyone need to buy a bug sheild for this year truck, i got one. or ill sell the bottom trim as soon as i pull it all off. that be a lil work smoothin it out. does anyone know how to fix the throttle bodies on these? mine runs crappy til half pedal. i got the damn holley 2 bbl tbi

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and hey mopar man, if you wanna see some lowered rcs and rams, the whole right colum on my site is all lowered or modified rams and rcs.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey im so smart i dont even know if its royal trim. i was gonna pull off the bottom big black trim, and for now leave the top slim metal trim. i think the full details on mine are. 1989 Ramcharger 150 LE 318 tbi (pos) with the A-500 overdrive tranny. its 2wd. and oh hey mopar man thats ur truck with Big Mo. i know i didnt think it looked lowered but it looks nice and next to big mo is is low. i dont even remember what all i got on there. the trim on it isnt perfect but in good condition, has the trim on the tails, wish it didnt. but the front little lower peice on the driver fender around the marker light is a lil messed up i think. that lower corner is crumpled a bit.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey would you believe that the pictures of my truck were taken in my friends backyard. looks like im lost in the wood. its right in the center off the city. like 100,00 ppl in here, yet im in the woods. hahahaaha thats just funny. i will add some updated pictures soon. i need to wash it and try and fix the paint. clear coat is getting ruined

·
Registered
567 Posts
Nice rides and good luck with the project.... Not a big fan of lowered trucks myself but still cool to look at....

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey does anyone have a front bumper for sale or trade? mine is a lil tweaked. if i straighten it the chrome will peel. its already cracked. i have a step bumper on the back of mine. if anyone is in the seattle area i would be willing to trade you front for back bumpers. or sell the back bumper. i painted the indent where the plate goes. the bottom flat part gray, it was getting a lil scratched. well thanks for all the complaments, Franklin appreciates it. have a good day

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sounds like you have bad injectors if it's bogging down until half throttle. Injectors are about $50/each at Autozone...a little more elsewhere. I replaced mine and it made one hell of a difference (88 318 tbi). It's not so much of a dog now. You'd probably notice a hell of a difference too, since you have smaller tires. Mine are 32x11.50 with 3.23 rear end gears. Makes for a little bit of a slow takeoff. Another thing you might check is your Throttle Position Sensor. Wouldn't hurt to check all your sensors. They will make a difference in fuel injected engines.

BTW, that one pic of the 86 r/c that you have listed as "Photoshop pic" is not a photoshop pic. It's real.....

Randall

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
u seem right about that. i should prolly replace the injectors. is their a way to just clean them for now. i has 3.57 gears. runnin in an 8 1/4 axle. it will roast the tires, til this happened. it will even chirp the tires in reverse. thats kick ass. well you are wrong about the 86 rc photoshop pic. ive talked to the owner cruisin_rc they did it to see what it would look like lowered. they did a great job on it tho, dont ya think. i have some of my own photoshop pics of an 83 that suck an u can tell. ill add those in a few mins. thanks for the help. does napa have the injectors ya think? do i gotta pull of the throttle body to change them? joe

·
Registered
0 Posts
I didn't look at that 86 pic close enough to tell that it had been lowered from stock. Looked like the one he just posted a little while back, so that's why I said that.

Your gears should be 3.55. With small tires like that, I can see you easily roasting them. Bet your top end isn't the greatest. Well, you have o/d, so that helps out a lot. I'm going to have to get one so that I can get lower gears and still run down the highway ok.

I just searched the net, and nobody has Autozone beat on price. The injectors I got were like $56, and everyone else is showing upwards of $90+ for theirs. You can order from Autozone online. I would recommend those. If you want to go the Napa route, be prepared to pay $100+ for them. I tried the ones from Summit Racing, and they didn't even work in my truck. They do work in a 1990 2wd truck, though. It may be that the computers in 88, 89, and 90 were all different. They may work with the later ones, but they still listed them for my year model. Oh well. I'm happy with mine the way they are now.

As far as cleaning them goes, they can be cleaned, but they are also electronically controlled, so it could be a faulty circuit in them also.

Randall

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i dont know why but the lil rear end gear tag says. 3.57 i dont know why, but it does. my dad seems convinced that mine has the 5 on 5 bolt pattern. i dont see how it could. well ok thats better. what is my bolt pattern? if ya know. how hard was the injector swap. i am planning on putting on some 255/60/15s. my top speed i got was about 65-70. with 2 adults and 3 teenages in it. so that outta be like 80-85 just me right? well thanks for the help

·
Registered
0 Posts
Injector swap is nothing at all. Take off your air cleaner, have a T-25 torx bit handy, and unscrew the one screw there holding down the two black caps right on top of the tbi unit. Lift the black caps off (some moving side to side will help). They injectors are right below them. I used a small screwdriver to pry them out. Be very careful when doing it. It doesn't take a lot of force to do it, but you have to pry in the right place. When putting them back in, put them in the black caps first, then line up the caps with the holddown point and push them in. If you don't do this, you will have a hell of a time trying to line it up perfectly. The injectors can only go in the caps one way. You will see this when you are putting them back in.

Randall

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
really mine has the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern? that seems pretty big. now im gonna have a hell of a time getting cool wheels. oh well. does an 85 dodge van 250 3/4 ton have the 5x5.5? cuz my grampa will trade me wheels if so. well the injector swap sounds really easy.... i hope.

hey mopar man. check the 'lowering your truck' post on the techincal board. deoending on how much you wanna drop urs you could go shackle kit or pull 2nd and 4th leafs and add coil-overs. also i would suggest cutting no more than 1 whole coil. if ya got the cask order some 3" 94+ ram drop coils. the give ya 2" drop. thats cuz of the difference in stock srping height. got any recent pics of urs? ill throw 'em up on the site if ya want.

·
Registered
0 Posts
3/4 tons usually have an 8-lug bolt pattern. There are still some cool wheels to be had with that bolt pattern, especially since you have a 2wd. Just think of us 4wd people who have that huge hub on the front, and have to run open center caps. At least you can get some cool closed end centers. Anyways, check out

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/wheels.asp?section=S

There are some cool wheels, and most of them can be had with 5x5.5 bolt patterns.

Randall

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
do you think the jammer #602-6875 16x8 25offset 5.5backspace 5x5.5circle for the 93-on Dodge Truck. would work on mine? would they look to modern when its lowered? would using the 18x8.5s be to big for the back

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i am going to try and photoshop those wheels into my trucks pics, ill add it when im done

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.