Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
cool truck bill... REally to the point...what is that thing on the floor beside your set? Did you convert to floor shift?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea its a B&M, i switched to the floor unit when i did the body lift..... didnt wanna screw with shift linkage from the column shifter.

i hate driving with the shifter on the column now

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
which b&m kit did ya use? and what did u do about the old stick location on the collum, that lil lump. did u cut it off and smooth it or leave it with the lump?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i left the column shifter on, just disconnected the linkage to it..... one of these days ill remove it and put a column from a manual transmisson truck on it....

the shifter is a B&M pro stick. it came with a cover but it looked stupid so i left it bare.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
other than ur the site mental patient i dunno why u would swap columns. u could just pop out the roll pin, remove the stock shifter arm and and then cut off the "knub" thats left. then just weld in a plate to cover it or something like that. thats what ill eventually do.
hows the fit and placement on the b&m? not too far of a reach?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im 5'10 and it sits perfect for me... you can mount it damn near anywhere since its cable operated... now if only i could reach the transfer case shifter....

the truck is twice as much fun to drive.... specially at a redlight because you can shift into first and the lockout mechanism is designed to only allow one shift at a time, so you can just bang the shifter into second and then to third like a race car. really scares your passengers.

took about a half hour to install it, mainly because you dont have to wire up the reverse and neutral saftey switch to it.... our good friends at dodge were smart and put them on the transmission and not the column....

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
thanks bill, im thinking about making something like in the old mopar cars where its a colsole floor shift. once i get a lil more time, sheet metal and a new welder i can fab one up then hook it up. nice rig and that info helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts