Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my 750 dollar purchase. It has a 318 with fuel injection, and an NP435 4 speed. It needs new paint, and the headliner is sagging pretty bad. I had to replace the rear hatch lift supports.( I opened the hatch only to have it come back and smash the back of my head :mad: ) It's got little problems here and there, but it was worth every penny. Also, I'm looking for a 4 to 5inch lift for it. Got any suggestions?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Skyjacker suspensions makes a very nice riding 6" Softride suspension lift for that R/C. It is a straight forward install as far as lift kits go. You will need the longer brake lines and use the "hydro" shocks. They ride alot better than the "nitro" ones that are gas filled. They also make a 4" kit and you will not need the brake lines for that one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
bigtruckman have you ever installed that lift? What else besides shocks and brakelines are need? Steering correction? Pitman arms etc...?

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
I didnt know they put the 435 in the newer ones?
looks like a killer dael you got, get some motor parts

·
Registered
324 Posts
chad said:
bigtruckman have you ever installed that lift? What else besides shocks and brakelines are need? Steering correction? Pitman arms etc...?
Yes, I have installed 4" kits and 6" kits. With the 4" you dont need a pitman arm or steering arm change. Your steering wheel will be off center slightly though. Easily corrected. Park the truck with the wheels straight ahead and then remove the steering wheel and reinstall straight. Dodge uses a normal spline. They dont use a alignment spline, where as you have to put the wheel on only one way.
As for the 6" kit, yes you do have to do steering correction. From experience I recommend a pitarm arm change. Removing the steering arm retaining cones can be a major pain in the butt. Also make sure you use a steeering stabalizer. Dual kit if you go with a 6" kit. It makes a world of difference. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
www.roughcountry.com

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments. I'm probably going to go with a 4" skyjacker lift. It looks like the best one for me. I am am going to be parting out my 83 in a while and I'm gonna have tons of spares ;D

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
83Prospector said:
Thanks for the comments. I'm probably going to go with a 4" skyjacker lift. It looks like the best one for me. I am am going to be parting out my 83 in a while and I'm gonna have tons of spares ;D
*sniff* i hate those words "parting out". they convey such sorrow as another RC goes the way of all chevys. *sniff*

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, some of it's getting parted out, but think of it this way, the 83 and 88 are fusing together to become one ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts