Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here she is

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
did you say you wanted to enter the POTM contest with that rig? 8) {cool}

how did you mount your roof rack? On the rain gutter on the rear and over the doors? 4 mounting points and that's it?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
santak said:
did you say you wanted to enter the POTM contest with that rig? 8) {cool}

how did you mount your roof rack? On the rain gutter on the rear and over the doors? 4 mounting points and that's it?
Well, there's 4 mounting points on the 4 corners, but there's 4 more (or is it 2? don't member) under the spare tire. Drilled right through thick rubber 'gaskets' on the lid. Although I now need to replace the rubber (on the list). This isn't anything I would've done in South Texas, but you can get away with a lot in the desert.

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you don't mind me asking. what kind is the roof rack and the front bumper? did you make them yourself or did you buy them. do you have any close up shots?

by the way niccccceeee rigg!!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea me and a buddy made it. The front bumper is for a Chevy I think, it needed some fabbing to fit.

I'll post some good shots of it later, although it may be a while. I only use a 35mm camera.

·
Registered
97 Posts
do you have any dimensions or drawings of the rack and bumper.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Man, I can't believe that RC didn't go the first week you posted in the 'Trader! Those "tire kickers" were on crack!
Nice RC, man.

·
2,317 Posts
thats is a bad a$$ rc. hope ya keep it. what kind of mirrors are they?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chargerup92 said:
do you have any dimensions or drawings of the rack and bumper.
The bumper was pulled off of a Cheby and fabbed a bit. The safari rack instructions go like this:

Check back ally. Look for gates or pool fence. Start cutting. Become friends with guy with good welder. Look as pathedic as you can when discussing your plans for rack. Act suprised when he says he welds.

Measurements-
Sit on top of truck with a tape and a magic marker. Have welding buddy throw stuff to you.

Fab- Make a square. Put rails on it. Put feet on it.Cut an old rear axle and attach to square for spare tire. Make sure there's a nice opening for your RC flip up vent door thingy.

Paint- "Tell it you love it with Krylon!"

Sorry, hope your weren't expecting Paul Tuttle! ;D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bigdog440 said:
thats is a bad a$$ rc. hope ya keep it. what kind of mirrors are they?
They're off a semi truck (don't remember what kind). They're concave and awesome! I can see the tree banches I'm backing into ripping a hole in my spare and the cliff I'm about to back off at the same time!

·
3,940 Posts
very nice. all black is so tough looking. i thought about changing up my cherokee, but that looks way to cool.
i wish they made cepeks in the smaller versions again. i've always wanted a set.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks! ;D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Very nice ride.

Although I wouldn't want to be the one to carry down the spare tire if you had a flat on the way to church. ;D

Joe 8)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Joe_Cool said:
Very nice ride.

Although I wouldn't want to be the one to carry down the spare tire if you had a flat on the way to church. ;D

Joe 8)
How'd you know that was our church goin truck?!?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
That thing is so sweet. I'm gonna do my beast all in black like that now. What kind of tires are those anyways? Aren't those the fun country kevlars? I think that's what they're called. How much were they, who did you go through, etc. I was looking at buying a set for my beasty when I finally lift it.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
damn rig is badass!

·
Registered
725 Posts
someday mine will look that good...........at least i'd like to think so......

·
Registered
321 Posts
That is the toughest thing i've seen in a long time.Looks awesome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts