Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my white 1985 Ramcharger 318 4-spd 4X4.

Truck is in great shape, has two minor rust holes both on passenger side quarter panel, and some minor dents here and there, truck needs paint(which will come soon, right now I'm focusing on restoring the '69 Plymouth Road Runner). It has tons of surface rust, but nothing too bad.

It is virtually stock for now, I hope to do stuff to it soon, right now it has 33" tires and a Meyer Plow setup for winter (which will go away shortly, in favor of a brush guard and fog lights)

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Very nice truck and welcome to the site!! ;D Where are you located at? If you're selling the plow, I might be interested in buying it. Send me a PM when you get a chance. ;D

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
yeah chevys are disposible, but what if someone you know sees you driving one, i wouldnt get cought dead driving a chevy. anyways where did you get the cool metal side window vert shades? how much they cost ya? thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys!

The plow isn't for sale yet, but may be soon, may decide to hang on to it, don't know yet!

The vent shades came on the truck when I bought it, so I don't know who makes them or where they came from.

I'm located in upstate New York.

First mod that is planned for the truck is to do an engine transplant, possibly putting one of a few 440 running engines I have laying around (one from a 1969 6pak Roadrunner) or find a 340 if the engine mounts are the same for the 340 and 318.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Sweet rig man !!!!!!!! On the 440 swap remember you need a truck bell housing for the swap . I like the idea of a 440 6 pak . Another member just found a 78 RC in a barn with that same engine in it . Welcome ot the board and there isa relly good chapter in the New York area . So wander to the chapter board and say howdy . Those guy get together quitea bit and do some wernching and wheeling as well1 !!!!

BrianT

PS: See member Evildriver3 for more chapter info he runs that chapter . Good bunch of folks !!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope, no lift, and they don't rub at all. Not very high performance offroad tires though, either. I've had the tires on the truck for as long as I have owned it (had them put on the day after I bought the truck) Had a blowout of the stock tire driving it home, and I have never had a problem with rubbing.

The one thing I wouldn't do is cut the body, I'd keep with the smaller tires if need be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.