Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my 84 i bought last weekend, sold my 04 f150 and bought another old dodge.
it's still a 318 2bbl truck and the whole truck is mostly in molested(minus the radio area), any ways i found it on facebook and drove 130 miles to pick it up the next day, she made the 130 mile trip back home fine even on dry rotted tires and then i got started on it.
•uncobbled the radio wiring and put in a new radio and door speakers and hooked up the dash speaker back up
•had no low beams and flickering dash lights so put in a new headlight switch and floor dimmer(work like a charm now)
•added 2 12v plugs under the dash and fixed the gear indicator and put fuse panel back in its correct spot
•she got a new set of 33x12.50x15 rbp repulsor mts today
•tested wiper motor and will have a new one here in the AM and cleaned out the cowl and put new bushings in the linkage and gotta patch up the washer tank tomorrow as well

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks and yeah this is gonna be my daily, so there will be quite abut going on and this is my 4th one of these trucks and i still have my 86 RC

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice find...thought PB had gone under..proudly hosted...lol

·
Registered
757 Posts
Nice looking truck, 100's or 150's with short beds, mt's and, Mickey Thompson wheels can't be beat. Like the side exit exhaust too!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks and PB the only way i’ve ever put pics on the forums lol

neil- agreed lol and i hated the exhaust at first but it’s kinda grew on me just needs some new exhaust tips

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got the new wiper motor/bushings/blades on today and painted the wiper arms and air cleaner,  also put led bulbs in the brake lights... in the process i found the driverside reverse light socket is toast so ive gotta fine another light socket and i guess i’m gonna throw a set of new taillights in it that i’ve had laying around for 5+ years

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
Napa sells both B/U and STT light sockets , they come with pigtails .Napa echlin #'s LS6478 (1157) and LS6476 (1156)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not much progress today but ended up putting a new app battery in it after the old one died on me 2-3 times when i was working on lights and wipers...Also gonna reconnect all the vac lines under the dash and get a new blower speed switch so hopefully the defroster will work and i’ll have more then high speed lol, and by the looks of the cowl i’m gonna go ahead and cut the box open in the cab and clean all the junk out of it.

the wife’s gotta work the weekend and i’ll have my little girl so it’ll be slow on the truck but i’ll make a list of my goals for the next 2 weeks:
•fix vac. lines/blower switch
•new weather stripping(maybe carpet)
•new light socket for reverse light and new taillights
•replace turn signal switch
•new centerlink for steering
•polish the rims and clean the truck up

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
~Also looking for a good grille shell and headlight bezels if anybody has a set for sale LMK~

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
figured out what was wrong with the horn and turn signals so i ordered a new installation kit for the steering wheel and a new turn signal switch while i'm in it this far

also got the reverse light socket and hooked it up and put in a new set of the chrome trimmed taillights i've had for a few years for my RC

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
decided to pull of the trim around the fenders since 2 pieces were messed up(i've got another set for my RC) and i think i like this truck better without them especially with the chrome trimmed taillights

·
Registered
758 Posts
Love it w/o the trim but it wasn't that bad w/trim IMHO.  Fantastic looking truck.  Any mods in store for it?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Nice looking truck. 84' is the last year I would consider a keeper. The sheet-metal went to shit in 85'. CAD happened in 85'. Only good thing a post 85' truck has going for it is a Cummins donor! LOL

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
87_power_ram said:
decided to pull of the trim around the fenders since 2 pieces were messed up(i've got another set for my RC) and i think i like this truck better without them especially with the chrome trimmed taillights
Looks good!
I've always found trim annoying.
Nowadays I find it laying all over the freeways.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
Looks good!
I've always found trim annoying.
Nowadays I find it laying all over the freeways.
that's because their all lowered and hitting bumps with rubber bands on 35 inch rims , seems their hats only keep their ears "in" not their chrome "on" ..... .

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
plans for now:front brakes need a little attention, needs a borgeson steering shaft and eventually a new steering box, Carpet and recover seat, find a better grille frame and pass. headlight bezel, redo exhaust, it'll probably get efi after first of the year.....eventually it'll get some lift and some summer swampers but for now its gonna play the role of my daily driver

yeah 1 front piece was bent up and 1 rear had about 2.5"s tore off lol

i got the 84 so maybe it would motivate me enough to start back on my 86

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.