Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished putting together my truck.I am so happy with the results.I bought everything and went to town tearing it down and rebuilding it up.it took me 2 weeks of stop and go ,search and buy.but it was worth every dollar and sleepless night.I put hedman headers,flowmaster exhaust, edelbrock intake, edelbrock 600 cfm 4bbl carb polished, pro flo air cleaner, 8mm wires and an accel super coil. I am going to put the 340 heads shaved and modified with a 3 angle, stainless steel value job, edelbrock 2177 cam and lifters, an MSD distributor,and thats it...I will be done! i would love to meet and learn from other enthusiasts.my pictures are on the yahoo link i put up http://photos.yahoo.com/johnny_longfins .feel free to share pictures and ideas or parts you may have for my truck.NOTHIN BEATS A RAM!!!!I got everything from from the MOPAR GURU 1-305-251-8228 Andy Bonwitt the best deals in town!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Awesome truck man, u put alot of work into it obviously

·
Registered
810 Posts
VERY NICE!
Good job, I love it!

·
Registered
235 Posts
that is a nice 83 you have there. i have a question though, the egg crate grill, is it screwed or pop rivited to the aluminum grill frame? Mine is, and all the other people i talk to have 84s to 86, when dodge changed the grill to the cross bar that has become the trademark grill for dodges. anyway, their grills are screwed in, and i'm wondering if mine isnt because it is an ex Government truck (forest service)

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Stepside_TimberWolf said:
anyway, their grills are screwed in, and i'm wondering if mine isnt because it is an ex Government truck (forest service)
Nope. My '87 is an ex-government rig, the grille is still screwed in...

MiamiRam--very clean rig. Nice work {cool} One question though.....are those plug wires resting on the headers? :eek:

-SM

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mine are screwed in also.i have ordered the front bezel and grill in chrome...i saw it on an absolutely to die for ramcharger and had to have it .bezel is $195.00 and grill is $65.00 you can get really hard to find stuff through Planet Dodge parts dept.(miami ,florida ) ask for Angelo .tell him johnny sent you.hes a ram fanatic.he did all the parts finding to restore that ramcharger .this thing makes factory showroom look bad........totally UNREAL...oh yeah i got the new tail lights too.$67.00 each what a differance...nice set of trucks there slanted_mind..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THANK YOU ALL for the great compliments on my truck.!!! I trully love my truck and have a passion for working on it by myself all night long.anyone live in florida?mopar show @moroso motorsports park oct.23rd!!!!!west palm beach FL.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
What made you go with the Eldelbrock Cam? Do you already have it? If not, I would suggest either a Hughes Cam, or a Engle Cam, they take advantage of the lifter of the Mopars. I'm not sure what the difference in the Lifters are, but I know that Hughes, and Engle are SPECIALIZED in Mopar cams, and are a GREAT cam. What torque converter you running, and what rear gears are you running?

Michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts