Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this off the internet and have done a lot of work on it. It's got a new crate 350 with 4-bolt main, Edelbrock Performer intake manifold, Edelbrock 4-barrel carb, headers, 5-speed manual transmission. It's a work in progress. Still a lot I want to do to it.

Check out http://www.thirdgen.org/rides/index.tgo?action=view&rideid=9463 for more specs and pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Cool car, kinda reminds me of the trans am from smokey and the bandit... Yee Haw!

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
That's a real clean looking Camaro. What's the hp rating on that crate motor?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ramtuff said:
What's the hp rating on that crate motor?
I don't know if this will answer your question or not:
http://www.greenwoodchevy.com/engine13.htm

I'm not sure if that's the exact engine, and of course, I've got mods, like the 4 barrel and the headers. I'm glad you asked because the garage never gave me the paperwork on the new motor and this gives me a good reason to get that straightened out!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm going to the 3rd Gen Nationals this coming weekend! They're being held in Frederick, Md. Saturday is a big car show and on Sunday everyone's going to the Mason Dixon Dragway for a day of racing and dyno testing. Sounds like fun! ;D

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
nice looking car, for a chevy. j/k, :) its cool

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a pic from the 3rd Gen Nationals yesterday. There were some really nice cars there! That awesome silver f-bod parked next to me took 1st place for Firebirds. There were folks there from up and down the east coast, Wisconsin, even Washington State!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
hey those 83s got nice seats. i parted out an 83, looks like urs other than the lower stripe. if u want an extra set of seats ive got some ill sell ya. driver is the electric one. well nice car, kinda like smokey and the bandit or knightrider

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
StandardByker88 said:
hey those 83s got nice seats. i parted out an 83, looks like urs other than the lower stripe. if u want an extra set of seats ive got some ill sell ya. driver is the electric one. well nice car, kinda like smokey and the bandit or knightrider
Thanks for the offer, but the seats in mine are in pretty good shape. They're not electric but I don't move them around! ;D There's a bunch of f-body sites that you could advertise them on.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
nah ill just save them for a car. seems to hard to put them in my RC

·
Registered
176 Posts
mountainmama said:
Here's a pic from the 3rd Gen Nationals yesterday. There were some really nice cars there! That awesome silver f-bod parked next to me took 1st place for Firebirds. There were folks there from up and down the east coast, Wisconsin, even Washington State!
Alot of my friends were there, Kat, Red, Tony, PK, Jay, etc... I wish I could have gone but my Trans Am wasn't ready and the $$$ wasn't there for a trip.

Nice Camaro BTW :)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
raycer said:
mountainmama said:
Cool! Hope I'll see you there next year! ;D

Alot of my friends were there, Kat, Red, Tony, PK, Jay, etc... I wish I could have gone but my Trans Am wasn't ready and the $$$ wasn't there for a trip.

Nice Camaro BTW :)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In 2004 I had a custom-built World Class T-5 tranny put in it... got it from a place in PA called G-Force.  Also found out it's got a high-dollar Centerforce clutch in it.  Only problem is that my speedometer is way off and I can't find any way to fix that.

Last year I had all new Z-28 coil springs put on it and it handles like a new car now!  Runs great... sounds awesome!

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
I know I said it before but that thing is just real smooth looking...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts