Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here it is
Some specs: '79 Dodge Power Wagon W-150
360 ci engine w/ 4 barrel carb
727 automatic transmission
dana 44 front axle 3.23 (yucky) gears
chrystler 9 1/4 rear axle w/ sure grip, same crappy gears :p
new 33-12.50-15 uniroyal mud terrains
(32-11.50 Bridgestone Dueller A/T's in pics)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
heres the front view

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are these wheels stock?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can you tell I am a dodge man? ;D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
whlnwgn said:
Are these wheels stock?
I think so, they look like factory turbin wheels.

·
3,940 Posts
my 78 rc had those. the inside spokes were painted red to
match the paint. i think mine were made by spangler, sengler....something like that.

nice truck, love the color combo

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres one of the more major bondo spots on the body. I am still scared of what is under it :-[ P.S. there isn't a strait panel on this truck and 75% of the trim is missing

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I snapped a few pics of the truck getting some good articulation today hope you like them

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another. this is stock with 32s. 8) The sway bar is still hooked up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this mound is alot bigger than it looks. the bed is contacting the cab at this point ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
O.K. heres whats up with the truck. I have removed what was left of the trim pecies. I am planning to grind down all of the rivets, welding up the holes, pulling a couple of dents (A few thousand :-\) And painting it camo. A 3/4 ton axle swap is also in order. As is either a 4" RCC supention lift or a 2.5" rancho suspention. I am also going to get the bed rhino lined. Next week I will be buying new tires, 33"s Hopefully. Recently I added a cross over tool box and a sony CD player.
Any suggestions are welcomed with open arms. So hit me with them!!! :)

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Dude, that is such an awesome rig you have. I love the paint scheme too.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you ramtuff!!! My only problemm with the tuck is that I can not get away with a 440 swap. (I live in CA. and they stopped 440 production in '78)

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
whlnwgn said:
Thank you ramtuff!!! My only problemm with the tuck is that I can not get away with a 440 swap. (I live in CA. and they stopped 440 production in '78)
That sucks. In my state, as long as you meet emission standards for the year of the vehical, anything goes. And that's for vehicals with a regular registration. If you have an antique or street rod tag, you're exempt from smog tests. I don't know how CA handles smog tests and antique vehicals (probably not ver well), but you might be able to get away with a 440 swap if you register it as one. In PA it has to be 25 years or older to be eligable for antique plates.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In california if your vehicle came with a catalitic converter it has to be smoged. :mad: That means vehicle 1973 and eariler are exempt. Also vehicles w/ a 9000# or heavier GVW are also exempt. So I guess I am just S.O.L. for now. :-\

·
Registered
881 Posts
I want a truck like that one

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another update-
Sadly the truck has been wrecked :\'( The passanger side B-pillar and door are basically destroyed. It is either going to require a huge amount of body work or a new cab or a completely different truck and use this one for parts. See my thread in open disscutions entitled "my truck got totalled today" for more info

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Doing every thing in my power to get my cab fixed :-\ Going to cost over $500 in repairs.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No I dont, sorry. My dig. cam. is packed away right now since we he been moving. If I find it I will try to post some new pics.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts