Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a pic of my first RC, i've had it since i was 16 ,it aint runnin now cause cagedodge is borrowin the transfercase and it needs a transmission too but with the toy there aint much money or effort left over right now :'(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's a shot of it with the 36 in swampers while fishin IN the lake ,the pic is really taken of my tv while viewing a video tape,of me fishing with my daughter and cousin abot 7 yrs ago and i had no puter or digital cam :-[

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Fishing off the back of the R/C!!! My life would be all too complete to perform that manuver.

8)

Had

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
you wanna part that RC out? i could use some panels! let me know! thanks. i'd trade ya for another 318 i have.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
the old warrior looks a little lonely. think you'll ever get it running again?

·
5,137 Posts
I got to try that, screw wadding out to the middle, why not just back out there ??

·
Registered
904 Posts
nice looking R/C from what we can see..Would be nice to see her up and running again..why don't you look in a junk yard for other parts for it...

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this rig has sentimental value,the gf and i joke, that inside this truck is where we concieved our first child,even in its current condition i would not think of parting it out, someday it will drive again,i really need a truck to tow the cage,actually the motor still starts, i just cant get the power to the ground without the tranny and t-case, if i had an extra 700 bucks layin around ::) there is a 75 power wagon fer sale at one of the junk yards with 360/manual trans(not sure which)and 205 t-case,a HD front 44 and dana 60 rear, that starts and shifts gears ,i also have a 76 for parts but all needed parts went into the cage too, i'll have to take a pic of it to put on to see if anyone wants to trade body stuff fer trans and/or t case,it is alot straiter than my 79 too cause the drivers door of the 79 is pretty hammered from the time i had to drive thru a chain link fence to get out of a ditch ,but that was another story

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Dodgeman - I am hanging with you! By the sounds of things, the stories you have would be worth the many beers I would donate to get them out of you!

8)

Had

·
Registered
453 Posts
The fishing thing reminds me of that old saying.....

"Give a man a fish and he eats for today, teach him how to fish and he will drive his Ramcharger in the middle of the lake, sit on the back and drink beer.........."

;D

Had

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I have no choice but to agree.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Looks great steve! and my wufe has asked me if i would ever part w/ Betty. My answer............. I had it befor you and if need be i will have it after ;D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Or in my case, the ex tried to take my RC with her. NOT!!! She's gone but the RC stayed, hence the name Victoria. Cool RC!!! ;D I'm going to have to show your pic to a friend of mine who owns a '79 RC and loves (lives) to fish.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh the good ole days , maybe some day i will be able to take my boys out in the lake to fish too, we didnt start catchin any til we were out a few feet ,just couldn't cast far enough to get the bait off the ledge which was out about 25 feet from shore so a few beers later and we decided to drive in , it really paid off

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Steve, we definately need to do some wheeling, I see a few hundred parts I need...LMAO
Keep those puppies running.

{smoke}

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just found this pic of the ole rc back in its prime, this is what we cal New Mexico snow skiing , really its at White Sands Natl Monument, thats my older brother gettin towed by me driving, and the ole truck was in its prime

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Was it lifted? If not how much fender did you need to cut to fit the 36's?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts