Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just scored a 78 short box macho.  360 4 speed even has the original with it!  Box is rusty but the rest is not bad. Cab is nearly rust free.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Pics make it officially legit.  Love it.  And a 4 spd to boot - looks like a good get!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She has 4 of the original rims, rear bumper is in nice shape, whole bunch of nos parts with it. Hoping to find replacement box sides for it.  This is my dream combination truck, can’t wait to get her on the road.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
That there is an adult toy. Sweet find.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The stash..  all NOS in boxes. Two visors, speedo, tail lights. Front marker lights for grill, cb mike, arm rests, and ya it has the original radio in it wth cb.  Also found the px9 tag from the rad support with matching serial numbers!  Can’t wait to start working on it. Thinking I’ll start with box repairs.

·
Registered
8,322 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have one of the factory CB/radios that somebody gave to me. It did not come with the factory antenna and for the life of me I cannot find one. At least what I think is reasonable price anyway. They use a diff connection then a standard CB. We used to have a few of the old school CB shops at the truck stops along the interstate here but they were torn down years ago and replaced with franchised truck stops. They don't carry much for CBs other then just the radio itself.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Not many cb shops around me either. Had one guy near me that ran a little half vacuum repair and half cb and cb accessories/cb repair shop. He went out of business a few years ago. On both halves of the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,155 Posts
If my memory is working correctly, there's actually (2) cables that run from the radio to the antenna - one for am/fm, one for cb. One of them (probably the cb) has a choke coil connected and they are known for failing. The antenna mast may also be taller than a standard am/fm mast by a couple inches.

I had my cb section kinda working for a little while a decade or so ago. Really didn't pick up that much and I really wonder how much use you'd get out of it anyway [in the age of cell phones]. I ended up replacing the antenna with a non cb one and I want to say the other way to spot an original cb antenna is how it mounts. Inside threads on the mast vs outside threads maybe. Maybe the fender washers / bolt as the choke coil is right under that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.