Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to forsee any issues before I get the new motor installed in the truck

The machine shop let me know all the parts are in and they have currently getting everything built, tested, dyno'd etc. Should be a week or two.

They said they will balance the crank with the new pistons (hypereutestics)

Question: Do you need to internally balance the crank with new pistons, and once its all together, externally balance it? Pardon my ignorance I get a bit confused as why dodge externally balanced this engine and dont you still have to individually balance things internally as well?

Im also trying to think of some other possible issues I may run into.
I am using aluminum Power World heads  63cc - I've read a few places about the edelbrock (direct fits) dont actually directly fit as the alternator bracket must be adjusted. I suspect I may run into similar issues.

Any other things I should look for?
Or I can at least plan for?

Thanks guys for all the help

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
the term "balance" is applied to any number of things within a motor , I'd expect a good size bill for a shop making a 360 internally "balanced " , and I'd ask "the shop" the question you seek answered here . example have they told you to use 318 damper / flywheel  , OR asked you for the flywheel and damper you intend to use ? because they would have to "work" on them as well  .....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.