Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hoping to get this thing finished soon! :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

With the old Dana 60 and 44" Hawgs in the rear.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Shortening the wheelbase. Moving the spring hangars forward. The wheel base is now 125". Those are 57" Ford springs turned around backwards BTW.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

And the rear back together. Pretty good departure angle. 8)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Back together in the snow. Now I just need to finish plumbing the brakes and get a 2-piece rear driveshaft.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I got the pics fixed. If not, PM me and I can e-mail them to anyone that wants them.

You're exactly right, the 44" Hawgs hit the cab on compression even with the tires turned straight ahead. And when I say hit I mean wouldn't really move if going slow - it was pretty severe.

I moved the front axle forward about 3 - 3.5" when I put in my Dana 60 with the TSLs. I did this by running some hybrid 52" front springs and redrilled the axle spring perches to move the axle 1" forward. Also, I'm running a more vertical shackle angle than my old set up had. If this doesn't keep them out of the cab, I'm going to tub it.

Ryan

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll probably just put some type of tube bed on it eventually. A factory bed wouldn't really work well since my rear axle is forward 9" from stock. I originally ditched the bed because the previous owner had smacked a couple of trees with it and it was falling apart. Also, I wanted to save some weight.

Ryan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts