Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so only two trucks, and three members were able to show up (McGuyver, Vicksta, and tv_larsen), but we had fun anyways.

Guy and Vicki rod up in Guys' '77 M880, and I drove my '77 RC. We drove up Mount Logan, and camped just 50 yards from the peak on the south side.

We stopped for a break.

Here we stopped at a small warming hut used in the winter by snowmobilers.

Nearing the peak, we stopped on the ridge for some senic shots. This is looking north.

This is looking about south east.

No, he did let her ride in the front sometimes. ;D

Here I'm showing why you should wear sunscreen when driving a topless RC. :p

The peak! Guy spys west over the valley below. Here the peak is about 5000 feet above the valley.

A shot from the peak looking north west over the northern end of Cache Valley Utah.

I have more pictures, but these finished off one roll, and the other isn't full yet. When I get it developed, I will add those pics. Guy and Vicki also have some pics we will add when we can.

Shortly after finishing off my first roll of film, a sweet '73 W200 reached the peak. The owner's name was Ben, after checking out his 6" lift, 35" BFG M/Ts, and strong 318, we BS'ed for several minutes, and told him about RCC. I hope he joins the site! :D

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
This was a very fun trip despite the small group. I do wish we could have had more people attend. It would have been that much more fun. But not to worry, there will be other trips in the future and I hope these pictures help to get people pumped up about going next time. :)

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I'd love to go next time but its quite the trip to Utah from here. Looked like fun guys love the pics needless to say I'm jelous of you guys and those mountains.

·
Registered
944 Posts
:\'( :\'( Oh, how I wish we would have been able to make that trip! The Ramus' nose would have been taking in the heavenly pine scent, and lovin' every minute of it!

I'm LOL at the pic of Vicki in the back of the truck, and the caption by Trenton. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and my dad would make my brother and me ride in the back of the truck. He'd always tell us, "Sit down and don't bang on the window!" ;D

Great country - I miss it up there sometimes! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics when you guys get them up!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
you're a riot twister! {cool} Contrary to what Trenton says, Vicki was only in the back of the truck getting something out of her bag. She rode up front with me the whole way. However, I don't doubt that it would be a ton of fun doing a little "truck surfing" in the back, holding onto the cab. Yeah, we wish you could have come too. Next time eh? Maybe next year, we can do it when there is no fire ban. :(

·
5,137 Posts
Can't wait to see the rest of the pics

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Contrary to what Trenton says, Vicki was only in the back of the truck getting something out of her bag. She rode up front with me the whole way.
Sure Guy, suuuuure ::) :-X ;D She used to ride up front with you but now that she has accepted your proposal..... ;D ;D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had dreams of coming over for the ride, but low and behold my wife decided to pop and spring 2 new baby girls on us... lol. Campin trip probably wouldn't have gone over real well.

By the way, whoever has the 2-tone green 77 rc, I was wondering where/when you got it. That looks just like an old 77 I sold a few years ago. Does it have a 440 w/Dana 60/44?

Well, hopefully I can make one of the next trips.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
crewcab said:
By the way, whoever has the 2-tone green 77 rc, I was wondering where/when you got it. That looks just like an old 77 I sold a few years ago. Does it have a 440 w/Dana 60/44?
Uhmm..... are you talking about my truck? It's not an RC, but a PW, or Power Wagon. ;D Actually, it's a surplus Army Dodge,with a 318 V8 and the D44/60 combo you mentioned. By the way you were correct on the year also. It's a `77. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually, I was looking at the ramcharger right behind your rig in the second photo from the top. That one looks exactly like my old one I sold about 5 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That would be mine, but its actually light blue, with a gray middle.

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
Well, guys, I surely want to go along sometime. It's only about 700 miles from here...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts