Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I redid my HD with the image disc. I got a computer from work and it has all this stuff. Anyways this is the 3rd time. It always seems to run much better after about 4 months of redoing it. This time I now get a pop up window from "MSN Messenger service" When I wake up and turn the monitor on its there. Sometimes 5 min later, to as long as a day inbetween pop ups. One said to disable msn messenger service to quit getting these. I cant find that anywhere. I have windows 2000 xp? I will look again when I get home. We have pop up stopper and Zone alarm. Still no good.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn I dont have XP it is Windows 2000 professional. Will this work on mine. I lokked in the control panel/admin tools and messenger isnt there. :-\

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I found it and hope it works this time. Where did you look it up? I am wanting to learn more about this but not sure where to start.

·
Registered
306 Posts
rb74440 said:
Thanks. I found it and hope it works this time. Where did you look it up? I am wanting to learn more about this but not sure where to start.
just watch for one thing, everytime you go to microsoft.com for a security update, MS will try to sneek it back onto your system so make sure you uncheck that box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts