Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an intermittent miss at low speed and cruising speed. It's never consistent. I've got an MSD 6A with the SS coil and I think the box may be the source of the problem. Anyone know how to trouble shoot these?

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Hmm...no i don't know how to trouble shoot an MSD box man but have u gone to there site and see if u can find any info there ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't yet. I got to thinking after I posted this that I should check my plug wires first. Thanks for the tip, Brian.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I bought a MSD box off ebay that was toast. I went to one of our local performance spedd shops and they had a MSD unit to test it. It didnt work (the tester worked..not the box). But you can send it to MSD and they will repair it. Mine is going to them in a couple of months.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Check your wires 1st, also don't allow them to touch eachother either, then check your plugs make sure there isn't a huge deposit on them.
then check the cap, check the connections at the dist for the plug to the trigger from the msd

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
I learned off Sam's RC that MSD boxes will burn out standard wires in a matter of a week. Only spiral core wires with MSD ignition.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks kendall. From what I'm reading, the box either works or it doesn't. I have a set of Taylor Spiro-pro wires that are almost 3 yrs old now. I'm really thinking that's my problem.

·
29,452 Posts
Hey, I just remembered, check your distributor also. I had an intermittent miss problem a few years ago and it was because the air gap between my reluctor and the pick-up was too big.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts