Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a moe coming up at the end of the month. I was going to drive my R/C over prior to the big day since U-haul says their dolly's or haulers won't handle the weight. Has anyone towed the R/C using any commercially available trailer? Seem illogical that I can't find a trailer to haul this beast 400 miles.
Thanks
Tim

G

·
Uhaul is full of crap. I hauled a 1978 F150 long bed with one of their car haulers, it was only across town and barely fit on the hauler but it was no problem with my local Uhaul store. I wouldn't tell them I was hauling the RC on it, tell them you're hauling a Honda Civic or something similar.

Chris

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I concur. Just take it slow and easy, don't hot rod the 400 miles or you could lose your U-Haul deposit.

8)

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
I don't know what it costs to rent one of those trailers, but I think it would be easier to just drive it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They say a 2wd will work, but not a 4x...so I told I have a 2x. Calculated costs hauling my R/C and my wife in the Burb (2 ways) is around $160 in gas...add food and the hassle and 3 little girls the $85 for the trailer is worth it to make it all in one shot. I'll throw my old tires on it to lower it down a little...and keep it empty too (maybe)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
When I was trying to move my RC from Orlando, FL to Dothan, AL they didn't have any that were wide enough to accomodate it. And the dollies were no where near big enough... after the second trip down to pick it up with just a 1T Chevy wrecker.. I remembered I had a tow bar I could have used behind my Dakota.
Aaron

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
When I was trying to move my RC from Orlando, FL to Dothan, AL they didn't have any that were wide enough to accomodate it. And the dollies were no where near big enough... after the second trip down to pick it up with just a 1T Chevy wrecker.. I remembered I had a tow bar I could have used behind my Dakota.
Aaron

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Aaron

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I just used one of the car haulers last week for my RC and it worked fine. Just take it easy and check the straps and chains once in a while...one of the straps came loose on mine, I could hear it bouncing around on the highway though lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts