Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
August is a big month for us.  We are moving out to the farm. 
The house is filled with boxes that need to be loaded on my 20' trailer sitting in the front yard.  My neighbor came up and suggested we take some steps to secure the trailer.  Seems there has been a rash of thefts in the neighborhood, taking place in broad daylight.  they are after trailers and lawn mowers.  A neighbor up the street just had his trailer stolen out of his driveway. 
I have lived here for 12 years now and in the last 5 the neighborhood has really gone down hill.  It use to be a place you didn't even have to lock your doors.  Now you better keep everything on lock down. 
Funny thing is I MOVED to this area to get away from the area I lived that had a crime problem.  I lost over $1000 worth of tools and equipment out of a storage building.  Then they came back and stole the hammock and stand out of my yard!  Stealing a man's hammock is LOW DOWN.  It was time to move. 
Now we are moving again trying to stay ahead of the thieves!  :mad:

·
Registered
22,087 Posts
ramchargertodd said:
Now we are moving again trying to stay ahead of the thieves! :mad:
Don't forget to mine the property on the way out, Todd. KA-BOOM!!! ;D

·
7,250 Posts
Yep. Claymores, Fugas and some Bouncing Betty's for seasoning

Chris

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PowerWagonPete said:
Don't forget to mine the property on the way out, Todd. KA-BOOM!!! ;D
Yep, but that is a booby trap and make me the criminal in the eyes of the law.
The real problem is the police force here is worthless. The only time they catch a crook is when one of them is indicted.

I pulled the RC up and hooked to the trailer, put a lock on the coupler. Also put a cable on the trailer and looped it around the leaf spring in the rear and put a big lock on it. IF they want to steal it, it is going to be tough on them. Can't pull a loaded trailer with the RC because the tranny is slipping. :p
Good Grief; that reminds me of more irony. I bought the RC for pulling a trailer about 10 years ago. They have GREAT visibility and a tight turning radius. I have YET to pull anything with it that belongs to me. Hauled tons of stuff for relatives though. Now is the time to move, and the tranny is slipping. Have to pull with the Durango. :(

·
Registered
22,087 Posts
ramchargertodd said:
Yep, but that is a booby trap and make me the criminal in the eyes of the law.
Okay, a couple fifteen-foot deep pitfalls lined with dung-covered pungee sticks ought to do the trick. ;)

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PowerWagonPete said:
Okay, a couple fifteen-foot deep pitfalls lined with dung-covered pungee sticks ought to do the trick. ;)
There was a case here some years back where a guy dug a huge hole in his front yard to catch the punk kids that were "trenching" his yard. (one of the punks was my bosses son)
So one night one of these punk ends up with his car nose down on this hole with some injuries. The kid's parents sue the guy and win.
Before all this the guy complained to the cops for months, they did NOTHING. He took it into this own hands.

·
Registered
22,087 Posts
ramchargertodd said:
There was a case here some years back where a guy dug a huge hole in his front yard to catch the punk kids that were "trenching" his yard. (one of the punks was my bosses son)
So one night one of these punk ends up with his car nose down on this hole with some injuries. The kid's parents sue the guy and win.
Before all this the guy complained to the cops for months, they did NOTHING. He took it into this own hands.
Come on, Todd. You're making me run out of options here. LOL :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.