Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one section of floor in my project RC that needs repair and thats the area right behind the drivers seat on the flat section of floor before the little rise up to the main rear floor area. Now I was thinking I would need to get in that spot to put some heavy wall square tubing in between the frame and the rool bar base anyway, so I'm thinking since i'm in there anyway maybe there is room to mount a couple of battery boxes or sink a couple of trays for a battery on each side, behind each front seat. Anybody done or thought of this?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I got mine under the bed in the back

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean PU bed? Cause the RC doesnt seem to have the room between factoring in propane tanks (or the gas tank), spring , shock problems, exhaust. I am a little concerned about the pipes on each side under the spots behind the seats but it might be ok. Even if I only lower them about 3 or 4 inches it would be worthwhile overall I think.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Put the battery behind the wheel well then in the back

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey why do you want to move the bat anyway i have 2 mounted out front on a mount i made? I know why we move them in the race car but hell i dont need weight transfer in my rc

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, 3 reasons really. There is the weight to the middle rather than the front. Also I want to run a wider chevy rad with 2 fans, and I want room for to 2 air inlet ducts for air into my dual snorkle breather. No room for that battery.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
A balanced truck is just as good as a balanced car, rather then all the weight on the nose

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
I did that in my 79, had battery behind each seat, but i just made trays for em outta 1 inch angle steel, and 7/16 all thread rod with hose on it to protect the plastic battery, , with a bar clamp across the top and wing nuts to hold the bar to the threaded rod,all bolted to the floor,,the only real problem i had with the in cab battery was the corrosion, after a few years, things in the truck would have some corrosion starting, and if i got really bumpy when off road, then it would leak thru the vent, that wont happen with an optima battery though

·
Registered
915 Posts
Just be aware that whenever a battery is under charge, unhealthy/explosive fumes are produced. No problem when the battery is in the engine compartment, but in the cab....(you really want to breathe clean air, and perhaps smoke a cigaret...)
I'd go with a sealed box with (very important!) a vent to the outside of the cabin.
Then...no problem!

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
Gerhart said:
Just be aware that whenever a battery is under charge, unhealthy/explosive fumes are produced. No problem when the battery is in the engine compartment, but in the cab....(you really want to breathe clean air, and perhaps smoke a cigaret...)
I'd go with a sealed box with (very important!) a vent to the outside of the cabin.
Then...no problem!
Or an optima battery, I believe that they are totally sealed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts