Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys has anybody mounted a fan in the cab of a truck.  My 77 dodge has no ac I would like to mount a fan to try to keep cool  . pics would be great

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
yep reverse it and 55 and down works well ...

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
add a sliding rear window and you good to go .

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
those sliding rear windows only work great as long as you keep your bed clean. any dirt or garbage in the bed and it always seems to come flying into the cab especially if you got a passenger with the window down. then dirt in the cab starts flying around with the rear window open.

personally i find between the vent windows and the vent below the dash they keep you pretty cool. if you think you need to be kept cooler it may be best to get a/c. i really wouldn't even mind an a/c heater box just for its better heat output but too cheap to get one and make it work with the non a/c dash

G

·
Roger..  I have an 85 RC, with the hatch lift gate.
If only someone made an aftermarket "drop in" sliding window. Wish they thought of that....
Ed

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
O.K. posted question taken seriously : I had to install many of those aftermarket chrome hi/low/off deals in the dump trucks I repaired for a living . ME ? on our Dodges with the doubble steel roof ? I'd use short fat ( # 10 or 8's) sheetmetal screws and put it somewhere on the passenger side of the rear view mirror .... no matter where you put one , dash or ceiling , it blocks your view somewhat . It would stay up there as long as the screws were drilled properly and tight , but if OFF roading , eh may the dash is better with a backer "washer"* underneeth the plastic ? makes cleaning windsheild a PITA ...

* a 4"x4" piece of tin that the machine screws / nuts can bolt thru , 

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the replys ,I do have sliding glass back window , Im going to try the top

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.