Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D :eek:

addrenalin Junkies post here

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
The Marines was the only place I've rappelled.

Mountain climbing interests me, I've never had the opportunity to learn.

·
Registered
419 Posts
nothing around here to climb really, have a couple of good rapelling areas though, Golorietta New mexico just outside of santa fe has some good places though, right around mnt baldy, there is a church camp there with trails that lead into the park, beautiful, i think the longes it took to get to the top was 45min from the base to the top of the face. not big but a challenge and fun.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
The only rapelling I ever got to do was in the army. Too bad I haven't gotten to do any rappelling in over a year.

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
So Ok guys - I gota be a stick in the mud here, you army guys probably know this, but I gota say it, maybe just for anyone else who reads this - rappeling is the number one factor in most climbing accidents - make damn sure you know what you are doing. Sharkman - if your harness is 6 years old - I strongly suggest that you replace it -

i1lusion - tell us about Mt. St. Helens, I've been there, but did not climb, it's on my 'list', did you go the 'normal' way ? It's an easy climb, but still cool, I really want to do Mt. Baker which is what? 10k or so, but a very cool climb, you don't have to go really high to have some good climbs.

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Mudshark said:
oldmanram said:
Sharkman - if your harness is 6 years old - I strongly suggest that you replace it -
Actually I was going to have it inspected before I use it again, if I ever use it again.
Thank You - don't want to see RCC members getting hurt.....

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Mudshark said:
Belive me I don't try and get hurt. Equipment always has to be in good shape.
Guess I knew that, you being airborn and all. But there is a lot of young climbers these days, that do some really stupid things....

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mudshark said:
I remember a certain someone who used to rappel off of parking garages. I think I still have photo evidence somewhere.
i doubt it. prove it....

all i remember is a big concrete pylon....

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hehe still didnt give me there phone number after i stopped on the first floor ;D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts